So easy a carpenters boy could build it once seen...?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

daxwc
Addict
Addict

Re: So easy a carpenters boy could build it once seen...?

Post by daxwc »

RH46: I think Bessler getting annoyed when anyone tried to peak inside, is another indicator of it's simplicity. He wouldn't even need to hide the inside if it was mega complicated and only someone with experience could understand and/or replicate it
Yet he didn't take the time to cover cracks in the slats. Somebody like that has a card up their sleeve.

I fully believe Karl didn't know what he was looking at.

For example ( one out of millions) if one weight was a Comeback-can that looked like the other weights Karl would not know and naively think it was simple. When in reality it was a little more intricate then first glance.
What goes around, comes around.
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Robinhood46 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:15 am
I think many of us make the same mistake as those who decided PM was impossible. If i can't find the solution it must be impossible.
If i can't find the solution to Bessler's wheel, it must be complicated. I wont mention that we have access to material and equipment that Bessler couldn't even dream of in the 18th century, that would make us feel even stupider than we already are.

I think accusing Karl of being too "naive" to understand, and the committee who's task was to detect any cheating, too stupid to find any, are arguments used by people who refuse to accept that they are too stupid to solve the problem. Us humans have a tendency to shove the truth in all directions to fit our own beliefs, or defend our own illusions.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

RH46: I think accusing Karl of being too "naive" to understand,
What I meant is he wasn’t privy to all information.

Why didn't Bessler cover up the slat cracks with cloth? He realised most people wouldn't know what they are looking at anyway. But a famous scientist you don't want to give away even part of the solution. Obviously it is my opinion.

There is the odd Youtube video on perpetual motion where I think that it might work. It makes sense to me; not knowing there is a battery I can't see. That doesn't make me dumb. And no I am not saying Bessler cheated.
Last edited by daxwc on Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

daxwc wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:01 pm
JB: To put the cherry on the cake , Bessler left us the toy page with a bunch of children toys/games and it is so simple we cant figure it out !
Maybe the toypage is a red herring? What a better way to throw people off the trail that don't want to take the time to extract his motion.

There is two different camps on the toypage. People that think it is just about generic actions needed and those that think there is a physical link.

I dont know if it would be an actual red herring maby , maby not , but i think the irony of it was on purpose :)
Last edited by johannesbender on Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its all relative.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

daxwc wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:11 pm
RH46: I think Bessler getting annoyed when anyone tried to peak inside, is another indicator of it's simplicity. He wouldn't even need to hide the inside if it was mega complicated and only someone with experience could understand and/or replicate it
Yet he didn't take the time to cover cracks in the slats. Somebody like that has a card up their sleeve.

I fully believe Karl didn't know what he was looking at.

For example ( one out of millions) if one weight was a Comeback-can that looked like the other weights Karl would not know and naively think it was simple. When in reality it was a little more intricate then first glance.
Imagining myself in this situation , I must admit if this was true , it would have been a ballsy move to leave cracks with enough space to peer inside , I cant help think that maybe whatever was observable , did not matter to Bessler , think back when J.H was showing a video of his build and he was hiding the mech behind cardboard and you could see at a specific time a little movement that was not fully covered and he did not care about it when I mentioned it because it did not matter .
Its all relative.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

Robinhood46 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:03 pm
Robinhood46 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:15 am
I think many of us make the same mistake as those who decided PM was impossible. If i can't find the solution it must be impossible.
If i can't find the solution to Bessler's wheel, it must be complicated. I wont mention that we have access to material and equipment that Bessler couldn't even dream of in the 18th century, that would make us feel even stupider than we already are.

I think accusing Karl of being too "naive" to understand, and the committee who's task was to detect any cheating, too stupid to find any, are arguments used by people who refuse to accept that they are too stupid to solve the problem. Us humans have a tendency to shove the truth in all directions to fit our own beliefs, or defend our own illusions.
Imo if I were Karl , there is no way I would just leave it at just seeing it ,I would have to understand it to set myself at ease , I would think it over in my spare private time too if I had doubts , something so simple (simple as they said it were) would remain fresh in your memory and you could scribble and calculate on a piece of paper to settle it for yourself , Karl apparently was no fool to mechanics (I don't know if that's true) ,
Its all relative.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Right jb .. he just didn't care enough (get this - altho he was paranoid) to solidly cover the mid to outer radius regions because nothing could be revealed of importance if looked in upon that we could literally connect the dots too ..

Wagner saw the Draschwitz one-way wheel and thru the slats and in written comment said it "was completely empty near the circumference, as one could see through the various cracks in the casing made of thin splinters, but there was not the slightest trace of a rising and falling weight to be heard or seen." .. nothing to be seen here ! ..

Google .. Nothing to be seen here - A ironic or sarcastic phrase uttered by a person who feels that he/she has detected a hidden, usually unpleasant or sinister, deeper meaning of a story or event that the reporter or authority on that event wishes to conceal possibly to avoid upsetting the general public.

Wolff saw thru cracks in the Merseberg two-way wheel and in written comment said "I conclude, not only from this but also from other circumstantial evidence, that the weights are attached to some moveable or elastic arms on the periphery of the wheel. During rotation, one can clearly hear the weights hitting against the wooden boards. I was able to observe these through a slit. They are slightly elongated"(BW.com They are slightly warped (me : curved)). .. nothing to see here ! - coz it didn't give anything of importance away .. literally there was nothing to see !
Last edited by Fletcher on Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

johannesbender wrote:
daxwc wrote:
JB: To put the cherry on the cake , Bessler left us the toy page with a bunch of children toys/games and it is so simple we cant figure it out !
Maybe the toypage is a red herring? What better way to throw people off the trail that don't want to take the time to extract his motion.

There is two different camps on the toypage. People that think it is just about generic actions needed and those that think there is a physical link.
I dont know if it would be an actual red herring maby , maby not , but i think the irony of it was on purpose :)
jb .. Yus, it's an irony whether intended or not - I suspect intended because he labelled them "children's game" to rub it in, when he could have just said actions, or movements and motions - n.b. he did tell us in the forward to MT to look for a motion and a movement ..

On that note .. imo the Toy's Page should always be considered in the context of the other 4 things he said in MT ..

1. zusammen gehangten principio agiret - hang together principle - or as per JC's hard copy MT "principle of motion or movement" from agi..t - possibly from the Latin "ago" -> to drive or put in motion ..

2. correct handle-construction ..

3. absence of the Prime Mover ..

4. something special behind SB's ..

Ateotd it is a simple wheel, with simple mechanical actions, that maybe not all of us could build for ourselves with our limited skill sets - but some of us definitely could, or could with enough time or bringing in expertise - those are problems that can be figured out later once the correct mechanics is figured out .. and because of the traps set that is no easy task as we all know only too well .. but the answer is there buried in Classical Mechanics imo ..
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

Fletcher wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:07 pm Right jb .. he just didn't care enough (get this - altho he was paranoid) to solidly cover the mid to outer radius regions because nothing could be revealed of importance if looked in upon that we could literally connect the dots too ..

Wagner saw the Draschwitz one-way wheel and thru the slats and in written comment said it "was completely empty near the circumference, as one could see through the various cracks in the casing made of thin splinters, but there was not the slightest trace of a rising and falling weight to be heard or seen." .. nothing to be seen here ! ..

Google .. Nothing to be seen here - A ironic or sarcastic phrase uttered by a person who feels that he/she has detected a hidden, usually unpleasant or sinister, deeper meaning of a story or event that the reporter or authority on that event wishes to conceal possibly to avoid upsetting the general public.

Wolff saw thru cracks in the Merseberg two-way wheel and in written comment said "I conclude, not only from this but also from other circumstantial evidence, that the weights are attached to some moveable or elastic arms on the periphery of the wheel. During rotation, one can clearly hear the weights hitting against the wooden boards. I was able to observe these through a slit. They are slightly elongated"(BW.com They are slightly warped (me : curved)). .. nothing to see here ! - coz it didn't give anything of importance away .. literally there was nothing to see !
Funny thing , if what Wolff observed was indeed some sort of elongated/curved arms , it could be curved/warped to fit snug against the periphery/rim radius instead of being just straight , however , even if this is true , we still have no idea whats going on , the "how" would be safe.
Its all relative.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

Fletcher wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:32 pm
johannesbender wrote:
daxwc wrote:

Maybe the toypage is a red herring? What better way to throw people off the trail that don't want to take the time to extract his motion.

jb .. Yus, it's an irony whether intended or not - I suspect intended because he labelled them "children's game" to rub it in, when he could have just said actions, or movements and motions - n.b. he did tell us in the forward to MT to look for a motion and a movement ..

On that note .. imo the Toy's Page should always be considered in the context of the other 4 things he said in MT ..

1. zusammen gehangten principio agiret - hang together principle - or as per JC's hard copy MT "principle of motion or movement" from agi..t - possibly from the Latin "ago" -> to drive or put in motion ..

2. correct handle-construction ..

3. absence of the Prime Mover ..

4. something special behind SB's ..

Ateotd it is a simple wheel, with simple mechanical actions, that maybe not all of us could build for ourselves with our limited skill sets - but some of us definitely could, or could with enough time or bringing in expertise - those are problems that can be figured out later once the correct mechanics is figured out .. and because of the traps set that is no easy task as we all know only too well .. but the answer is there buried in Classical Mechanics imo ..
Everything seem to have been done on purpose , calculated and planned.
Its all relative.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Yes, he had loads of time on his hands to think it thru once he had built his first runner - especially when no one leap up to buy it from him immediately, at his price .. and especially MT (the folio's we call MT) - he had them on his person for decades with plenty of time to alter them for mistakes or reprint them etc - but he didn't - he just penned in some notes (very carefully chosen words) and the 'top' addition to the print of the Toy's Page at some stage as father time marched on .. seems a very calculating person, with plenty of time, who calculated and wove a fine web of silk to catch all but the most persistent fly's .. we are, if anything, persistent lol ..
Last edited by Fletcher on Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Then there is the hub:
JC's AP "Ask any of those who have groped inside my Wheel and
grasped its axle - and you will be assured, in no uncertain terms,
that my axle is not like that. Rather, it has many compartments, and
is pierced all over with various holes."
ChatGPT Translation:
Ask those who have groped into my work,
And touched its shaft;
As soon as you are assured,
That my axle is not like that,
But, it has many more sections;
Yes, through and through, different holes. NB.
He who understands anything at all,
Sees that my work is now quite different.
Last edited by daxwc on Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

From JC's Wagner translation:
On page I, line 12 seq., the defender assures his readers that the principle of the motion depends on no external assistance, driving, etc., but is solely and simply concealed within. I never doubted that the principle is concealed within the wheel, but it is false to say that the motion depends solely on the internally concealed weights, for the impossibility has already been shown sufficiently above. The weights distributed over the circumference of the wheel give it such a powerfully moving force that a load hung from it does not weaken the rotations noticeably. The internal clatter and rattle do not imply a constant alternation of rising and falling; rather the clatter might depend partly on the turning of the weights in the compartments and partly on a completely separate clapping apparatus. Almost no clatter and rattle was to be heard with the Draschwitz wheel; the wheel was made up of 8 spokes and was completely empty near the circumference, as one could see through the various cracks in the casing made of thin splinters, but there was not the slightest trace of a rising and falling weight to be heard or seen.
What does Bessler mean by "motion depends solely on the internally concealed weights." What is concealing the weights actually mean? Is there a different way to interpret it. What is internally concealed; is Bessler playing a word game?
Last edited by daxwc on Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MrTim
Aficionado
Aficionado
Location: "Excellent!" Besslerwheel.com's C. Montgomery Burns

Post by MrTim »

Maybe the toypage is a red herring?
I believe that elements of it apply to the 2-way wheel only, not the 1-way wheel...
"....the mechanism is so simple that even a wheel may be too small to contain it...."
"Sometimes the harder you look the better it hides." - Dilbert's garbageman
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

daxwc wrote:Then there is the hub:
As you quoted dax, B. let people grope around his axle inside his wheel - it was just a rumpty wooden axle full of holes and gaps - the message being that it didn't hide a wind-up spring mech or "weights" inside the hub - in fact there was nothing to be felt (at least never recorded by these people) in close proximity (within hand reach) of the axle by all accounts ..
daxwc wrote:From JC's Wagner translation:
On page I, line 12 seq., the defender assures his readers that the principle of the motion depends on no external assistance, driving, etc., but is solely and simply concealed within. I never doubted that the principle is concealed within the wheel, but it is false to say that the motion depends solely on the internally concealed weights, for the impossibility has already been shown sufficiently above. The weights distributed over the circumference of the wheel give it such a powerfully moving force that a load hung from it does not weaken the rotations noticeably. The internal clatter and rattle do not imply a constant alternation of rising and falling; rather the clatter might depend partly on the turning of the weights in the compartments and partly on a completely separate clapping apparatus. Almost no clatter and rattle was to be heard with the Draschwitz wheel; the wheel was made up of 8 spokes and was completely empty near the circumference, as one could see through the various cracks in the casing made of thin splinters, but there was not the slightest trace of a rising and falling weight to be heard or seen.
What does Bessler mean by "motion depends solely on the internally concealed weights." ?

What is concealing the weights actually mean?

Is there a different way to interpret it?

What is internally concealed; is Bessler playing a word game?
John Collins AP .. To the prejudiced and blasphemous enemy:

Dear Enemy - please continue to think that it is your duty to lampoon my work, because it leads in directions you may not wish it to go! You have the spirit of a slanderer. But Truth will triumph, and will reveal the confusion in your "thoughts". People of common sense have always been scorned, and it doesn't really matter who the scoundrels who perpetrate such untruths are, because, enemy, all you write comes from arrogance and envy and amounts to nothing more than slander and waste paper. Write as many lies as you like in your angry attempts to destroy my Wheel of Wonder! In its interior it gains - for how else does it grow out of balance? Note - its exterior is free of weights. - AP pg 245

"the clattering noise you refer to is, I assure you, a phenomenon caused directly by the real motive power of the machine, and nothing else" – AP pg 352

Note: The Draschwitz machine did not create a similar noise because it worked on quite different principles – I have many other machines of various types – some for instance, with weights, others without.” - AP pg 352

IMO dax .. he is playing a game of misinformation and half truths - that's how I reconcile his various statements - IOW's there are 2 sources of "weights" distributed within the wheel radius - some at or near the circumference making the impacting noise noticed by the Merseburg witnesses, which sometimes he calls "weights" when it suits him to .. and others not at the rim that he also calls "weights" when it suits him to do so .. and when he talks about having wheels with no weights he is misleading and talking about one set or the other "weights" can be exchanged for something not strictly "weights/cymbals", but not both ..