Bessler star signs

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Which star sign were you born under?

You may select 1 option

View results

John Collins
Addict
Addict

Bessler star signs

Post by John Collins »

I was unsure whether to place this in off-topic or general discussion, but seeing as it is partly about Bessler IÂ’ve put it here.

Following a comment from my wife about "you Aquarians are all perpetual motionists!" which she made about a fellow PMer, we had been discussing, I decided to look up Bessler's star sign. I know that he was baptised on 16th November 1665 (Old style dating) and people had their babies baptised as soon as possible after being born, in order to keep them safe from the Devil. This puts him within the sign of Scorpio. Now straight away I could see that being an Aquarian as is my friend, but not Bessler, I assumed that my wife was wrong.

However I have been curious for number of years about the well-established fact, that people who take up some particular professions do tend to be born within certain star signs. The professions cover such as occupations as Lawyers, Teachers, Musicians, Military men and Athletes. As a former athlete myself (but now due to old age, sadly reduced to just running the London Marathon every year) I used to contribute an occasional article to a now-defunct running magazine. About fifteen years ago I did some research on the birth dates of all the top runners who competed regularly in the various athletic meetings around the world and I made a remarkable discovery, which has since been duplicated by others. Sprinters tend to be born in the summer months and long distance runners in the winter months. In the article I put this down to the fact that sprinters tend to have what are known as fast-twitch muscle fibres and long distance runners have slow-twitch muscle fibres. I donÂ’t want to go into all the possible explanations as to why and how this might happen but I did think it might be interesting to assess which star signs us Besslerphiles were born under. If there is an interesting correlation I might include it in my new book.

IÂ’m not sure how to arrange such a poll, perhaps someone can ask the question for me?

Just as an interesting diversion but not to be taken too seriously, I visited a web site for horoscopes and found this description of a Scorpio which seems to fit Bessler rather well.

They are very secretive.
Scorpios often get a bad press! They have very intense personalities with hidden depths, though they have great compassion being able to reach out to troubled people.
Being deeply emotional themselves, Scorpios understand and accept the feelings that other signs cannot handle. Scorpio is not afraid in the dark, this sign often makes an ideal therapist. Many doctors and surgeons are Scorpios. They have incredible personal magnetism and often make loyal, devoted, friends and lovers.
Powerful feelings and emotions, committed, loyal, imaginative, discerning, subtle, persistent, determined.

The dark side
Scorpios have a hidden and secretive side. They are not averse to using their deep understanding of others to gain power over them for their own ends. Scorpio has a fascination for power, how it is used and how to hold other people with it.
Sometimes this can extend to cruelty, Scorpio is vindictive and brooding, a sign that never forgets a grudge. Scorpio is prone to having an inner self destruct button, which they push compulsively from time to time.
Temperament.- over emotional, hypersensitive, moody, devious, changeable, self-pitying, unforgiving, unstable, gullible, untidy.

Thanks guys,

John Collins
Last edited by John Collins on Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

re: Bessler star signs

Post by ovyyus »

Hi John, great rave. I'm an Aquarian too. Born in the Aussie Summer which makes me a fast-twitcher. lol

Actually that's an interesting correlation about Summer/Winter born athletes. I play A Grade Tennis and court speed is one of my strengths, which is a fast-twitch kind of thang ;)

Does this sum you up John?
Aquarius:

The bright side
Aquarians are usually lively, inventive and oh so original! Sailing in the opposite direction to the crowd comes naturally to aquarius, in fact this does not worry them, as they are always out of step with the world because they think ahead of their time and revel in anything different. As aquarius thinks today. so the world will think tomorrow. Aquarius is the most happily eccentric sign in the zodiac. Although it can be very difficult to get close to an aquarian, this fixed sign is loyal and faithful.
Should you ask an aquarian for help, you will immediately get it, and all promises will be kept (at some point in the future). However please note that a helpful aquarian is very averse to being deliberately used. Aquarius is adept at taking information from several channels and processing all the numbers to see the big picture, and they do this while you think they are ignoring you! Sometimes this information is seemingly detected on their own private radar.

Humanitarian, friendly, independent, quirky, willing, progressive, an original thinker, inventive, creative, loyal, idealistic yet rational.

The dark side
Aquarians are very unpredictable, they can be chaotic or calm, stubborn or flexible, rebellious or helpful depending on how they feel and what their own senses tell them. This is a sign which can in extremes be totally dedicated to being unconventional, being wired the other way round.
This is a sign which can become detached to the point of coldness, stuck in a rigid and unrecognisable pattern. Aquarius has no care for what the world thinks and logically pursues their own set of social values. The isolation this brings is often a surprise, despite the super reliance on other senses, they can miss the obvious.

Very unpredictable, eccentric, rebellious, contrary, tactless, stubborn, perverse, emotionally oblivious.
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Hi John

In your latest post you have said that Bessler was born/christened in 1665. In your book you said this:

"Although the date of his birth is not recorded, Strieder located a document which must have been originally in Orffyreus' possession, which has a note on it, in the inventor's own hand. This informs us that he was in the town of Lauban on the 1st May, 1696 when 122 houses were burnt to the ground in a single night. He says he was fifteen at the time, so he must have been born in 1680 or '81."

Which year do you now think is correct?
Bessler would have been 80 years old when he died in 1745 if he was born in 1665, or 65 years old if he was born in 1680.

I'm never too sure of my star sign as I'm on the cusp. Some sources say I'm Gemini and some say Taurus. My birthday is 21st May 1975. Maybe someone in the know can settle this for me!

Regards,
Stewart
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Code: Select all

Aries - March 21 - April 20 
Taurus - April 21 - May 21 
Gemini - May 22 - June 21 
Cancer - June 22 - July 22 
Leo - July 23 -August 21 
Virgo - August 22 - September 23 
Libra - September 24 - October 23 
Scorpio - October 24 - November 22 
Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22 
Capricorn - December 23 - January 20 
Aquarius - January 21 - February 19 
Pisces - February 20- March 20 
The question arises about WHEN one day ends and the next begins. In times past the next day began at sunset.

bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

Well, hello fellow Aquarians! Feb. 14th is the day for me!

Steve
Finding the right solution...is usually a function of asking the right questions. -A. Einstein
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

John...

I also thought that Bessler was born in 1680 or 1681...

As far as my horological sign is concerned, I am a Taurus. I found this on the web with regards to the personality I am supposed to have:
The typical Taurean personality is earthy, solid and enduring, continuing with dogged persistence long after everyone else has given up. However, Taureans can be particularly resistant to change, unable to adapt to new and innovative ways of thinking
Yeah...that's me alright! Especially when it comes to things like PM...

Anyway, I once had a computerized horoscope done that gave one an analysis of one's "natal" horoscope. This is what the stars predict for one's future personality and life based on the zodiacal positions of the Sun, Moon, and ALL other planets in our solar system at the exact moment of birth. The computer then went back through a database of famous people to see which ones I had the EXACT same natal horoscope as.

Interestingly enough, one of the people who was born with the exact same arrangement of heavenly bodies as me was...Sir Isaac Newton! No wonder I got obsessed with things like UFOs and PM wheels in later life...they both involve Sir Isaac's favorite research subject...GRAVITY! The probability of this happening through random chance is, maybe, one out of a trillion!

ken

P.S. I think that the idea of a poll of our members to determine the most probable horological sign that they have would really be fun and interesting! The poll would just be a list of astrological signs and the member would "vote" by selecting their sign. In this way we can keep a running check on the horological distribution of members.

In the FAQ section I found this with regards to setting up a poll:
How do I create a poll?
Creating a poll is easy -- when you post a new topic (or edit the first post of a topic, if you have permission) you should see a Add Poll form below the main posting box. If you cannot see this then you probably do not have rights to create polls. You should enter a title for the poll and then at least two options -- to set an option type in the poll question and click the Add option button. You can also set a time limit for the poll, 0 being an infinite amount. There will be a limit to the number of options you can list, which is set by the board administrator
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

I really messed up here guys! I read the wrong line of my research paper, but in my defence I must admit to being jet-lagged having just returned from the USA.

OK this is what it says "“Zittau Baptismal Register (1681, Tuesday 6th May - that is old style dating) - Elias Bessler. So he was not a Scorpio after all - he was a Taurean!

So Ken he's in your sign. Sorry Stewart and Ken, I read his father's entry by mistake. According to my old research he was born in what we might term the Spring as many of us were, and that is near enough for me.

John Collins
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

WOW...Bessler was ALSO a Taurean! I must be the reincarnation of Johann Bessler!!!

Just kidding...

However, it is a rather interesting coincidence. My birthday is on May 10th, so if Bessler was born a few days before May 6th of 1681, then his birthday could be within a week of mine.

Now my curiosity is really piqued. If I can, I'll try to find the natal horoscope for that date (and a few days before it) and see how it compares to my own. IF they are identical, then I will faint! Actually, IF they are identical, then it means that Newton, Bessler, and I ALL have the SAME natal horoscopes...the probability of that happening through random chance is too high to even estimate!

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Silver Eyes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Silver Eyes »

Um if your interested in astrology then you should know that none of you are what you think you are. The sign that you might think you were born under is only your sun sign. It was made popular because in the early 20th century a newspaper wanted to put horoscopes up as a feature but to do that would mean a lot of pages because the way of doing horoscopes at that time and much earlier was using the moon sign. The moon moves through the system much faster than the sun. An astrologer then had the idea of using the sun sign as a substitute. There are actually a lot of different aspects to a horoscope so if you think you were born under, say aquarius, that's only a small part of it. You might actually have more in common with Bessler than you think. We need Bessler's actual birth time for a comparision.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Silver Eyes,

What you say makes sense. I had alway wondered why the sun sign is used.

I'm curious, where on the internet can we get a free moon sign horoscope based on our birth date?

Silver Eyes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Silver Eyes »

Hi Jim this is a very good site.

http://www.alabe.com/freechart/

If you are interested I have a friend that does charts in a way that no one else does. He says it comes from a very old and secret method. He is able to reduce all of the aspects in your chart to one major sign and I'll be darned if what comes up doesn't fit. I am a virgo sun sign and a libra moon but this way of doing it puts me to an aquarius and it fits a lot better. I can find no fault with it. He's also done other people I know and even the skeptics amoung them admit that the new sign he gives them fits way better than what the've read about themselves. If you are interested I could probably get him to do it, it only takes a few minutes. Private message me your exact birth time, city, month and year.
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Jim - Thanks for posting the date ranges for the different star signs. It looks like I am Taurus after all.

John - Thanks for clearing up the issue with Bessler's birth year. You had me totally confused there for a while! It's great that you've found a document that can confirm Bessler's birth year as 1681. It's a shame it doesn't have his exact birthday on there though.

Regards,
Stewart
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Silver Eyes, that link does a very good chart, very accurate. I'll need to find my birth certificate to know what time I was born.

murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Oh, I really like to this group! It's surprizing!
If one is 28 or more, generally, the 'accendent' sign will say more than solar. I mean, will influence more about tendencies (at least, will 'blend').
Even the place of local birth, besides hour, is important.
In my family, natal chart is a basic stuff.
In the end of life, solar will be important again...
I was born solar in libra, and accendent in leo. Sometimes I would like to complain about this... :] regs. M.
rks1878
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rks1878 »

I am a Scorpio. No cusp for me.....3 Nov 54 was the day for me and my twin brother.

I'm also left handed.

Robert
Robert (The Carpenter's Boy)

There's never time to do it right the first time, but there's always time to do it over again.