Young people

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Young members of our Bessler community, please tell us your age:

You may select 1 option

View results

Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Young people

Post by Stewart »

In response to the reaction to Blazer, I have this to say...

I think it's a real shame that you've all taken a negative attitude to this young person. Sure, he displays the typical arrogance of the youth of today, but we should be encouraging young people to take an interest in free energy and environmental issues. Remember that when Jonathan joined us he must have been about 14 or 15, and he is now a valued member of our Bessler community.

Blazer, I think it's great that you want to contribute your time and mind to solving the Bessler mystery and I wish you the best of luck. However, you don't know everything (yet ;-) ), and there are many people on this board with varying levels of knowledge and building skills. There is much you could learn from many of us, and most will gladly help you if you have the right attitude towards them.

For other young people (and by young people I mean about 0-16) out there who are watching but want to post for the first time as Blazer has done recently, can I suggest that you tell us in your first post that you are a young person (you don't have to give your exact age, but it might help). You will find people will be a lot more helpful and kind if you are up front from the start. I doubt there are many of you out there, but please don't be put off by seeing the reaction of some members to other young people.

We need more fresh minds to take an interest in the energy problem and other world issues. Let's not think that they are too young to be of any help, but encourage them to be a part and teach them what we know. Treat them as you would your own children or grandchildren.

Any young people out there, please complete the poll above to give us some idea of how many of you are watching.

I also think it would also be nice to start a forum for young people to submit their ideas or drawings.

Here's a link that any young budding inventors might find useful:
http://www.bkfk.com/

And some adults might find it interesting to see some of the inventions of young people here:
http://www.bkfk.com/inventions/kidinventors.asp
Philo Farnsworth first conceived the idea of an electronic television at age 14 in 1920. He had a working model at age 21.

Louis Braille invented Braille when he was 12 years old in 1821. He published his first Braille book in 1829 at the age of 20.

George Parker (of The Parker Brothers) invented his first game at the age of 15, a game called "Banking". A year later with the encouragement of his brother he started his own game company. Soon two of his brothers joined and Parker Brothers was born.
If any of you young people out there don't want to post directly to the board but would like to ask certain questions about Bessler or want to share your ideas, then feel free to send me a private message or email and I'll help you where I can.

SAFETY ADVICE:
On this board, as with all internet boards or chat programs, you can never be sure who you are talking to or if they can be trusted. It's not safe to give your address or telephone number to anyone on the internet, even if you think they are a child. You should automatically be suspicious of anyone who asks for these from you. Tell your parents if anyone does, or if anyone says things that make you uncomfortable. Only meet up with people you talk to on the internet if you are accompanied by your parents.

Happy inventing, and good luck to all of us.

All the best,
Stewart
Ed
Addict
Addict

re: Young people

Post by Ed »

Stewart,

So in your 0-8 category....are you thinking that someone still in the womb has a shot at solving Bessler's riddle?

Maybe you're right, and the doctors always slap the idea right out of us once we are born!

:-)

-Ed
rks1878
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rks1878 »

How do we know that BLAZE is actually 14 years old?
It is plausible that BLAZE is much older and using youth to screen "things".
Robert (The Carpenter's Boy)

There's never time to do it right the first time, but there's always time to do it over again.
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Ed,
So in your 0-8 category....are you thinking that someone still in the womb has a shot at solving Bessler's riddle?
Why not, they've got nothing else to do ;)

rks1878,

You're quite right we don't know for sure that he is 14 years old, but nobody bothered to find out, and I don't want other young people to be discouraged by seeing this and other similar reactions to peoples ages.

Regards,
Stewart
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Young people

Post by scott »

Hi Stewart, thanks for your interesting post. You are right that we should encourage young people here. But actions have consequences, even for young people. I was ambivalent about blazer until he came out with this:
BLAZER2000X wrote:And the wheel does work, it's just not very strong.

And then this doozie:
BLAZER2000X wrote:...some of the ideas here are altered versions of designs I have already come up with and realized why they don't work, and I'm only 14! It makes me wonder how much knowledge is really behind this forum...

Even if you're a young person, if you lie about having a working wheel and then insult the intelligence of the entire forum, you're not going to wind up with many friends here.

Just my $0.02.
-Scott

P.S. On an impulse I mistakenly got involved in the other thread, but deleted my post there since this is a better place to air my grievance.
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

scott wrote:But actions have consequences, even for young people.
Scott, you're quite right of course, and I'm not suggesting that we should put up with that type of behaviour from anyone of any age. However, I think a better way of handling him would be to have said: we welcome you to the forum, but if you want to be taken seriously by this community you have to abide by its rules, and certain types of behaviour won't be tolerated. However, I have my doubts as to whether he really is 14, and I suppose that's part of the problem. As we don't know for sure it's difficult to make allowances or to know how to respond. I guess all we can do is say, Blazer, if you're still around and want us to except you here, then drop the attitude and bear in mind that we take a strong dislike to liars, so you'll have to be honest with us. If you're not 14, then shame on you, and from what I know of this forum I doubt you'll be forgiven for your lies and you'll remain disrespected for some time to come. Of course one way to redeem yourself either way is to give us some evidence of your working wheel!

Stewart
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

You do not have to be a young person to need assistance on this discussion board. I'm 54 years "young", but I've only had internet access for about 2.5 years so far. As a result, I'm only now starting to get comfortable with such things as downloading programs, attaching images, using CAD programs, etc.

Being a newcomer or "newbie" to the world of computers or inventing is nothing to be ashamed of...we all have to start somewhere. It is also an opportunity for those who are further along in their "quest' to share information with newcomers and offer some guidance as someone was kind enough to offer these "veterans" when they started out.

I'm interested in ANY and ALL ideas that ANYONE might have regarding the methods that Johann Bessler may have employed to make his wheels the ONLY fully documented inventions in history that actually were GENUINE working perpetual motion machines. I may disregard someone else's design as unworkable for one reason or another (and I COULD be WRONG in that assessment of it!), but I always learn something of value from the sharing.

So, if there are young inventors out there who have been lurking about and wondering whether or not to join this discussion board, then all I can say is that you are MOST welcome here as is any input you might wish to contribute. The people here are very friendly and knowledgeable and will do whatever they can to help you in your search for the secret of PM...

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

However, I have my doubts as to whether he really is 14, and I suppose that's part of the problem. As we don't know for sure it's difficult to make allowances or to know how to respond.
Hey Stewart, interesting topic. I find the above applies to various other posters too, and it does bother me that we sometimes just don't have a clue who we're talking with. It bothers me a lot actually.

I think a basic requirement for good interaction is trust. When I invite someone into my home for a chat, they start by telling me who they are and I do the same. If they can't do that honestly then they're not welcome to stay. I know this forum isn't my home, but I do feel quite personal about it all the same.

While anyone can create a user account and remain completely anonymous, there will always be a few who will use that for their own gain - from lonely attention seekers to loons to outright fraudsters. In my experience, there's only one reason why a person wants to remain anonymous like that, or maintain multiple accounts - it's never good.

This obviously isn't my forum and I think Scott has done, and is doing, a fantastic job. But if there's anything I would change it would be to make membership more dependant on accountable identity. When someone knocks at your door you don't let them in if they're wearing a balaclava.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

ovyyus wrote:When someone knocks at your door you don't let them in if they're wearing a balaclava.
Hmmmm...

ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Well, maybe that's an exception Jim. LOL
Techstuf
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Techstuf »

If they're wearing Balaclavas.....one needn't worry about 'letting' them in.....And they will most likely forgo the formality of knocking..........
on the door, at least.

P.S.

I wonder if they come in white?
As most of humanity suffers under tyrants, misled by the devil and his cohorts who've recently been thrown down here, nothing short of Yahshua, King of Kings, will remove these oppressors and bring everlasting peace.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Them there southern boys might have a few you could lend.
Techstuf
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Techstuf »

Perhaps you mean 'Borrow'? And if you are referring to the 'narrow pointy hoods'......those are made to better fit narrow pointy heads....and surely don't qualify as 'balaclavas'......

Do they Fletcher?

Peace,

TS
As most of humanity suffers under tyrants, misled by the devil and his cohorts who've recently been thrown down here, nothing short of Yahshua, King of Kings, will remove these oppressors and bring everlasting peace.
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

It may have been 13 (but I'm not the one to ask, it takes me a moment to remember my current age).
>we sometimes just don't have a clue who we're talking with. It bothers me a lot actually.<
Yes, it'd really blow my mind if you didn't have eight limbs, and if Stewart wasn't a goofball on a swing.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

For what it's worth, my wife and I have been involved with hosting YUSA foreign exchange students.

We have met, hosted and intermingled with high school children ages 14 to 18 years of age. Some countries that were represented were Turkey, Uzbekistan, Romania, Georgia, Thailand, Germany and other former USSR republics. OH! I must not leave out the one in Iran that I have had contact with for over three years now.

I am familiar with their language hang ups and problems of communicating what they really are trying to say. I have learned to overcome this and have a very good relationship with three young students right here on this forum. 90% of our communication is done by private mail. They range in age from 17 to 22 and are all college students.

Where ever they are from, USA or afar do not sell our young people short. If they found this forum then they must be interested or have ideas. I admit that some of those ideas may be a little irresponsible to some of us but be patient. Have you ever attempt to help a 15 year old from Uzbekistan, who speaks Russian write an english essay for his Senior class? I have and it takes patience!

Ralph