Speed doubler?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Fletcher
Addict
Addict

re: Speed doubler?

Post by Fletcher »

Here is the Speed Doubler in centimeter units as requested.

The screen shot below is just an arbitrary pause point I picked.

As guessed the arrangement has more room for movement than the previous and so the LW swings much further left and right. This results in the rpm changing dramatically from circa 1:1 ratio up to 4:1 ratio depending on where it is in the swing arc.

Overall the average speed is doubled.

N.B. the LW does not have any axle in this sim and can free-range.
Attachments
RajSpeedDoubler1b.wm2d
Raj SpeedDoubler 1b sim
(19.58 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
SpeedDoubler EndRun 2
SpeedDoubler EndRun 2
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Unfortunately, I cannot open a wm2d file, so I cannot see your gif presentation.

It's normal for anything hanging connnected to string/s overhead, to swing freely to and fro,

I can guaranty that my speed doubler is an out of the box working concept, provided all my requirements are met, including both wheels ROTATING on fix AXLEs.

Now my patent pending Desktop Self-Rotating Wheel consist of a wheel on horizontal split axle with two vertical adjoining compartments.

One compartment is for the speed doubler mechanism, as shown above.

And one compartment is for FOUR swinging weights on both large and small wheels on strings, moving nearer to the center on the ascending side and further away on descending side, to provide angular momentum and continuous unidirectional torque to wheels to rotate.

The four weights are connected in the same principle as the small wheel in first compartment. That is on pair of diametrically opposite strings of length 9 cms swinging on rim of larger wheel at 45 degrees intervals and on rim of middle wheel on four strings of length 3 cms at 90 degrees intervals, rotating freely at same speed of and connected by strings to small wheel in compartment 1.

Drawing 1 - 111118 shows four weights (in black) in start position and reset position after 45 degrees turn with weights positions showing torque cw. Four weights (in red) after 22.5 degrees turn cw with weights positions still showing torque cw.

Drawing 2 - 111118 showing the four weights (in black) after 11.25 degrees turn cw with weights positions showing torque cw. Four weights (in red) after 33.75 degrees turn cw, with weights positions still showing torque cw.

Raj
Attachments
Desktop Self-Rotating Toy Wheel - drawing -121118.jpg
Desktop Self-Rotating Toy Wheel - drawing 2 - 111118.jpg
Desktop Self-Rotating Toy Wheel - drawing 1 - 111118.jpg
Keep learning till the end.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

raj wrote:Unfortunately, I cannot open a wm2d file, so I cannot see your gif presentation.

It's normal for anything hanging connnected to string/s overhead, to swing freely to and fro,

I can guaranty that my speed doubler is an out of the box working concept, provided all my requirements are met, including both wheels ROTATING on fix AXLEs.
The file isn't a gif file Raj .. it is a wm2d file extension which has the sim in action (for those who can open it). The picture I gave is a gif file of the sim grabbed from a screen dump and shows where I decided to pause the sim as a good representation of what was happening - you can see that.

Yes, things like the LW that is floating (not fixed axle) and connected by ropes as you have it will normally swing sideways to and fro. The more accurate the relationships the less the swing will be. They swing because of tension in the ropes pulling on the LW by slightly different amounts.

Below is the gif and the wm2d file of your dimensions in cms where I have added a semi-fixed axle to the LW. The sim would not work with a proper FIXED AXLE because there were no degrees of freedom and as explained the rope tensions vary. IOW's the dimensions are not accurate enough for that iteration. Unless the ropes are somewhat elastic or are bungy like etc that will always be a problem.

So I compromised and fixed the degrees of freedom to vertical only by using a vertical sliding slot connection. That way the sim could work instead of jamming and crashing. And, of course, it no longer swings but does rise up and down slightly.

You will have noted or deduced all this in your real world build.
Attachments
SpeedDoublerEndRun3
SpeedDoublerEndRun3
RajSpeedDoubler1c.wm2d
Raj SD 3
(19.38 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Fletcher you are right, thank you.

Your sim is showing exactly what happened in my physical testing attempts. When we put all four weights in a single vertical plane, this jamming of strings is bound to happen, as the four weights and strings criss-cross each other, and get tangled because the smaller wheel is rotating twice as fast as the larger wheel.It’s inevitable.

The solution is simple. Just put each weight and strings in separate vertical planes.
BINGO!!!

Raj
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Preparing to present my Desktop Self-Rotating Toy Wheel to some interested parties in UK during my forthcoming visit.

Raj
Attachments
Perfected Speed Doubler Mechanism 211118.jpg
Desktop Self-Rotating Toy Wheel - drawing  - 211118.jpg
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Looking good Raj!

Perhaps you could take advantage of the straight-line mechanism (Tusi-couple).
Maybe interesting to Sam Peppiatt too, because of the slider-mechanism?
Attachments
Tusi-Couple-SpeedDoubler.gif
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Bessler is reported to have used TWO PENDULUMS.

Two weighted pendulums providing continuous (overbalanced) unidirectionsl torque.

Could this drawing be showing Bessler's miracle?

For some reasons known to themselves, I feel very few forum members are happy with what I present on this forum.
That's what eggs me on to continue posting.

I am overwhelmed things are falling in their right place at the right time. Next stop TOY FAIR 2019 in Olympia, London in February.

I am promoting my Self-Rotatig wheel as a Desktop Toy, because if IT makes it in the TOY market as such, IT may prove that Laws of thermodynamics have been broken, without scientifiques being aware ahead to refute my claim.

Raj
Attachments
Desktop Self-Rotating Toy Wheel - drawing  - 221118.jpg
Last edited by raj on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Where does it say Bessler used two pendulums? No one ever saw the inside of his wheel except the inventor and Karl the Landgrave and neither revealed anything about its interior parts other than levers, weights, pulleys and rope/cable.

I cannot see how why any physical laws need be broken.

JC
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Dear John,
With greatest respect of your grandeur connoisseur of recorded Bessler's FEATS, acknowledged published research, do FORGIVE me for my blasphemy.

As an non-scientific intellectual layman, I may have wrongly concluded that the current LAWS of thermodynamics, are man's tested observed over three centuries, a minute fraction of time in the existance of our galaxy and NO ONE HAs ever claimed that Newton's or Einstein's laws are the FINITE laws of NATURE you are proudly referring to.

Le chien aboie, le caravan passe???

For a change I'd love to hear how you are progressing with YOUR WHEEL?

Mes meiileurs voeux a vous!!!

Raj
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

No forgiveness necessary raj, you must say what you believe to be true.

I happen to believe that there is a work-around that achieves a successful reconstruction of Bessler’s wheel without breaking the laws of thermodynamics. I believe I know how this is achieved.

I am attempting to build it and although the concept is very simple, it requires much adjustment to get just one mechanism to perform as I think it should. The other mechanisms can be simply copied once the first one is right.

I have the first mech adjusted although it looks a bit crude, but as long as it works, I am happy.

The reason all of this is taking so long is due to two dear members of my family having both been in hospital for most of the last year. One with cancer and the other, her daughter, with something I doubt any of you have even heard of. CRPS.

I continue to build as and when I can, and as I’ve said both here and elsewhere, I will share all I know once this model is working or isn’t.

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Dear John,
I am deeply saddened to learn the health problem of your very close family members. Only those who suffer can really feel the pain.

As a human being, I know for sure, I may not be here in this world, at any given time. That’s why I am sharing every thought I have about a wheel, so that it may be of some use to others when I am no more.

Raj
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

You’re a good man raj, and I admire your willingness to share your ideas. I have promised to share mine, win or lose, once ive tested the design.

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

This is for all forum friends who may be following this thread.
First I welcome you.

Please allow me to explain in just a few words why I think my Self-Rotating wheel will work.

It is in fact just a Gravity powered wheel, with special designed connectedness ( physical algorithm)to control the motion of the separate parts in a predefined direction.

This physical built algorithm allow wheel to use gravitational downwards pull on weights on the descending side to provide torque and forces motion of strings to restrain gravitational downwards pull on the weights on the ascending side, and makes weights move nearer to axle, thereby greatly reducing counter torque.

This physical algorithm of motion of parts of wheel, is simply a tethering of weights by a set of strings to force weights motion in a predefined orbit around the axle, nearer on the ascending side and further away on the descending side, providing continuous unidirectional torque to wheel to self-rotate.

I sincerely hope my explanation is plausible.

Raj
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

The Larger wheel rotates at TWICE the speed of the small wheel.

Raj
Attachments
Desktop Self-Rotating Toy Wheel - drawing  - 251118.jpg
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

There is a BIG difference in the positions of the four weights as the wheels rotate 360 degrees in the drawings of 22/11/2018 and 25/11/2018.

In the drawing of 22/11/2018, I am using a speed doubler mechanism with larger wheel diameter 8 units and smaller wheel diameter 4 units, making smaller wheel rotate at twice the speed of the larger wheel.

This looked mind blowing to me, as it showed the four weights providing continuous torque on the side of wheels.

Then came a doubt whether this continuous torque was real. I thought about GPE of the combined four weights as the wheels would rotate. Would there be any gain or loss of GPE. A gain would be unthinkable and a loss would be disastrous.

I drew 8 drawings showing static positions of the four weights at 11.25 degrees intervals rotations of larger wheel.
My findings were NOT GOOD.
The GPE net gains were much less than the net loss over 360 degrees turn.
I was very disappointed.

Then the night before, (yesterday morning )I woke up at 4.00 in the morning, took my drawing stuff in bed and drew several drawings as before, except this time the larger wheel would rotate at twice the speed of the smaller wheel, as shown in my last drawing posted yesterday.

What I found in these new drawings is what I really wanted to see:
1. The net combined torque by the four weights was always positive and much better, on the descending side of the wheels.

2. But most surprising was that the Combined GPE of the weights through 180 degrees (resetting) turn of the larger wheel stayed UNCHANGED.
There was no NET GPE gain or loss.

Raj