"The Impossibility of Perpetual Motion Machines"

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

ME
Addict
Addict

re: "The Impossibility of Perpetual Motion Machines&

Post by ME »

Sam Peppiatt wrote: 1. That would be areal good argument if Bessler hadn't done it.
2. The impossibility of perpetual motion is just an assumption.
3. The 1st law is a bull shit law got up; as you said, to relive scientist of the burden of finding a way to do it.
4. Also, you can't admit that you are too stupid to figure out how it was done, (so therefor it must be impossible).
5. Why are you on this web site anyway? Sam Peppiatt
  1. Hearsay! The only second opinion we have that really counts is some Karl telling us it looked simple enough;
  2. Then it should be easy enough to deliver one single assumptionless example;
  3. Not understanding some theory, or just just finding it inconvenient, doesn't proof that the opposite of "bullshit" is more re-digestible;
  4. We can discuss the stupidity of calling someone stupid; Now back to [2];
    (Ps: I for one consider eccentrically1 to be perfectly capable of admitting that thing.)
  5. I'm not speaking for others, but I'm not here for some PMM congregation.
    I think this Bessler has an interesting story and managed to somewhat yank the chains of not the least scientist.
    Out of curiosity, it shouldn't hurt to look where other scholars already concluded their stuff...
    And being here shouldn't mean that one has to render oneself totally delusional. (It's been a while, but I think such wasn't required when I signed up... Scott?!)
Assume whatever you want but that's bound to only perpetuate mistakes.
In the end we all want to have some profitable product that powers the house and not destroy the world while doing/having it . Without requiring assumptions, hope, delusions, attention or any other energy input. Perhaps with the only hope it can silently do its thing in some otherwise obsolete corner.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

re: "The Impossibility of Perpetual Motion Machines&quo

Post by Fletcher »

The value in this discussion board is the very fact that it diverse and isn't an echo chamber !
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Me,

If you say so! What did I do strike a nerve?

Sam Peppiatt
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

The 1st law wasn't got up to relieve scientists of a burden.
Ahh, screw it.
ME
Addict
Addict

Re: re: "The Impossibility of Perpetual Motion Machines

Post by ME »

Fletcher wrote:The value in this discussion board is the very fact that it diverse and isn't an echo chamber !
That's interesting... I just noticed Ovyyus's post.
Sam Peppiatt wrote:Me,

If you say so! What did I do strike a nerve?

Sam Peppiatt
Don't worry Sam, no nerves were struck ...
I just put out counter arguments to the claims and that character appraisal you did.
Perhaps you could go over each counter point and discuss where we may differ.
Maybe we can get somewhere.
Marchello E.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Hi ME!

All right what can I say. First off guys like ECC1 aren't stupid, far from it. In fact they have a superior intellect. That's what gets me. They are always perceived to be right. Which I disagree with.
As far as I'm concerned; it was self evident , (thanks to John Collins), that Bessler's wheel worked.

The 1st law was got up by Hemann Helmholtz in order to save face, because
he, like all scientist, could not resolve in his mind how to explain a way to make a PMM.

How am I doing? What have I left out? Oh yea, what I meant was why isn't EEC1 over at Lock haven U. web site?

Sam
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Sam wrote:As far as I'm concerned; it was self evident , (thanks to John Collins), that Bessler's wheel worked.
It should also be self evident that Bessler's wheel worked by unknown means. His unknown means might not be your pm.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

ovyyus,

On the contrary, it was well known that Bessler's wheels worked on gravity.
It was common knowledge to everyone. Even to the most casual observer.

What's not so evident, is how he did it.

But, as you say, what do I know------------------------------

Sam Peppiatt
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

A wheel isn't gravity powered just because it's gravity overbalanced.
Georg Künstler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Georg Künstler »

ovyyus wrote:
A wheel isn't gravity powered just because it's gravity overbalanced.

Is it Gravity power or gravity force ?

A mass standing on the ground is a Mass which we have stopped from falling. As soon as you remove this ground, gravity can act and accelerate this mass.

Here I will speak about the bi-directional Wheel:
Besslers Wheel work with different momentums.
This momentums are showing up when different accelerations of a mass is used.

The highest momentum can be achieved when a mass is redirected in his movement.

It has a reason why cylindrical weights are used with lead.
"es sind da viele stücke Blei, sie wirken, ARBEITEN immer ZWEI und zwei."

Compare the rolling cylinder in a hole with a pendulum.
1. The rolling cylinder always will Change the Position on the hole and therefore has always force which is wandering from left to right and back during his Swinging. So we have a wandering force.
A wandering force can be stopped in any position.

2.The pendulum has a central Point where the force is acting.
Best regards

Georg
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Georg Künstler wrote:Is it Gravity power or gravity force ?
Force isn't power.
Georg Künstler wrote:A mass standing on the ground is a Mass which we have stopped from falling. As soon as you remove this ground, gravity can act and accelerate this mass.
Gravity doesn't make things fall up.
Georg Künstler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Georg Künstler »

ovyyus wrote:

But redirection of gravity can do it.
Look at the Besslers clues, it is described as an fast up movement which Wagner did not believe and Bessler said it is true.
Best regards

Georg
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Sam Peppiatt wrote:Hi ME!

All right what can I say. First off guys like ECC1 aren't stupid, far from it. In fact they have a superior intellect. That's what gets me. They are always perceived to be right. Which I disagree with.
As far as I'm concerned; it was self evident , (thanks to John Collins), that Bessler's wheel worked.

he, like all scientist, could not resolve in his mind how to explain a way to make a PMM.

How am I doing? What have I left out? Oh yea, what I meant was why isn't EEC1 over at Lock haven U. web site?

Sam
Ah, so it was actually your own nerve that resonated... Hermann von Helmholtz would be proud.
In fact they have a superior intellect. That's what gets me. They are always perceived to be right. Which I disagree with.
I didn't perceive that post that way... yet you seem to.
In my viewpoint there's only one remedy: Be critical; ask questions; avoid opinionated 'facts' as much as possible!
The "burden of proof" works in everyone's advantage. So use it.

Demonstration:
  • Georg Künstler wrote:ovyyus wrote:
    But redirection of gravity can do it.
    • Georg, proof that the sum of masses can be lifted by redirection.
See, easy!

Indeed, thanks to people like John Collins we may give Bessler some benefit of the doubt (thanks JC) .

Sorry, but my acceptance is still stuck around the level of curiosity.
As far as I'm concerned this added "self-evidency" remains "hearsay" because you can't verify what Bessler did even when you happen to invent a perpetual motion machine yourself. So we disagree.

A clue is not truth. Neither is some story by definition.
  • When we saw David Copperfield float and fly around the stage, we knew we could do it too. Evidently we all flew off!
Who knows. That may be exactly how it went. I just doubt the direction of that implication you made.

It's in the human nature that such primary law will be challenged, just as we stubbornly keep trying to discover Bessler's secret.
Not everyone can be successfully indoctrinated and shaped into ...[Idunno what shape, a pretzel?].
World-wide, throughout time there are whole armies of students, or academics, or hobbyists, or scientists, or lay-people, or professors who, despite possible 'programming' attempts, are still eager to outsmart their current or former professor, 'favorite' scientist, nearest academic, parent, preschoolteacher, person-next-door's dog or whoever's 'out there', at any or otherwise carefully planned opportunity they can get. Just for 'reasons' of human nature.
I really absolutely doubt it, but when 'they' didn't thought about challenging that law earlier then there will likely be some capable lost eccentric soul roaming around here who is currently helped to think about it right now by reading exactly that idea right here and pass it along as a group-challenge. We need only one to get it started and, encouragingly, you thought about it too!
But unfortunately that law (symmetry and balance) simply holds, until an exception is found and verified.

To put it differently.
  • It's useless to blame the basket, or its designer, of not containing any tasteful cookies.
    And there will appear no single cookie in the basket just because you feel so hungry.
    For that basket to get filled with exactly the cookies you want, you need to bake them first yourself.
    It's less ideal, but you could also wait for someone else to bake them for you so you can buy it in the end.
    Until then, the basket remains empty or filled with cookies you simply don't like.
Oh yea, what I meant was why isn't EEC1 over at Lock haven U. web site?
Does it actually matter? (Besides, why that specific one?)
But think about it, he could actually be that one capable lost soul swiftly baking all kinds of cookies!!

Good luck.
Marchello E.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

ME,

Go ahead, rub it in. It's just as I said, do to your superior intellect, it will always mean that you are right.

The burden does lie with me---------------------

Sam Peppiatt
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Academic minds are guided by what they have learnt from other academic minds and claim to be always right in their pet subject.
Not all NEW mechanical inventions have come from academic minds, who rush to keep repeating from their treasured learning, what a layman mind proposed will never happen.

Raj
Keep learning till the end.