Gravity wheels with a fundamental difference

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

vlmmoa55
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Gravity wheels with a fundamental difference

Post by vlmmoa55 »

Last edited by vlmmoa55 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

This doesn't have the difference, that i think is needed.
It does have an interesting behaviour of the weights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gPxbiN-gHE
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Here is the same principal with the added difference.
The famous, missing dimension, obliges me to do things a lot different, than could be done if it were there.
If the angles of the swinging stops could be optimal, or different with the third dimension,they could hold the weight to the wheel/frame, so as to have them lifted better at 6 o'clock, as opposed to the crappy movement on the video, the leaving too soon and swinging.
Springs could be used to assist the lifting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41d0KZCRWHI
vlmmoa55
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by vlmmoa55 »

Last edited by vlmmoa55 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thx4
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by thx4 »

Some don't doubt anything, misery....

A++
Not everything I present is functional, but a surprise can't be completely ruled out. Thank you very much.
phj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by phj »

< Robinhood46

The problem of using Algodoo (and trust me, I used it a lot!) is that it's a 2D simulator. Any outway bouncing is just not there.
PHJ
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

The problem of using Algodoo (and trust me, I used it a lot!) is that it's a 2D simulator. Any outway bouncing is just not there.
are you saying one can run forces (maybe counter torques) into a third dimension (down the axle) and make them disappear?

What was the problem again?
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
phj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by phj »

Yes. Trying to dublicate Algodoo on my 3D printer have giving me some other output. Because of the weights, they don't behave as in the sim of Algodoo.
PHJ
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

I don't do Algodoo if I can help it, but if you need help with a 3d model I may be able to help you.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

phj wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:31 pm Yes. Trying to dublicate Algodoo on my 3D printer have giving me some other output. Because of the weights, they don't behave as in the sim of Algodoo.
It seems when the math of Algodoo is translated by the printer into something in reality, that result disagrees with Algodoo's math and your original idea.

Something is being lost in the translation. Hmmm.

Set tomb age, amigo.
What's the answer?
Walter Clarkson
phj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by phj »

< WaltzCee It seems when the math of Algodoo is translated by the printer into something in reality, that result disagrees with Algodoo's math and your original idea.

Yes precisely. A very good example is a spring. A "soft" spring in Algodoo doesn't bent sideways, but in real life it does.
PHJ
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

phj wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:32 pm < . . .
Yes precisely. A very good example is a spring. A "soft" spring in Algodoo doesn't bent sideways, but in real life it does.
So Algodoo inaccurately depicts the real world. Got it. I often spin large masses on disks with less mass than a gas yet I have a real world mechanical way to do that.

I'm not familiar with Algodoo however there must be a way to make a soft spring move side ways. Maybe someone has a work around.

Now if you want to build the alternate reality of Algodoo maybe someone with an engineering skill set might say something.
Walter Clarkson
phj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by phj »

I think we have something in common. Sorry for my bad english, im from Denmark. If you have a good idea, we can try it. I invested in a 3D printer a year back so if you have any good ideas, we can try it.
PHJ
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Here i have combined the swinging arms from the rim, with the lighter weights and the radially moving arms on the central axis.
I wont mention how wonderful Algodoo isn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1hvuAokFHo
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

A slight variation from the previous model.
When there are only two arms, that are swivelling on the central axis, each with their corresponding pair of lighter weights, the thing functions wonderfully. This means there is only one heavy weight. To add an additional weight, i need to add an additional arm, with it's corresponding pair of smaller weights. Once all the arms are added; i can then connect the last and first together, to complete the interconnections between all the arms and evenly distribute the weights, and arms, around the wheel/frame.
Algodoo doesn't like it one bit. Or, my pc doesn't like Algodoo. Either way, i don't like Algodoo or my pc.
When the thing functions correctly, with limited arms and weights, i can modify the relation between the heavy and light weights considerably, without it affecting the function. Up to 1;8 ratio, depending on the distance travelled by the heavy weight (which is blatantly obvious).
What is interesting to note, is that if the ratio is too high, the swinging smaller arms don't reach the rim immediately, where they would be held in place by a latch that only exists in the real world, an imaginary world where Algodoo gained a third dimension or a world where i knew what i was doing. The weights, heavy and light, swing back and hover a bit, until the wheel has rotated enough to no longer be raising the heavy weight but just moving it laterally. With a reasonable movement of the heavy weights, a reasonable ratio can be achieved, still allowing the smaller weights to reach the rim immediately, at about 2 o'clock ish. The locking of this weight at the rim, at two ish, would eliminate the swinging back and hovering of the heavy weight around the 8 to 9 section. Another negative aspect of the simulation, at present, is the smaller weights, not only bounce all over the place in the top right quadrant, they also descend nearer to the rim than if they were held by the imaginary latches, if by miracle they are not still bouncing all over the place. The bottom left quadrant doesn't have as much a negative effect on the opposing heavy weight, because the effect on the radial displacement of the centrally fixed arm is negligible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAMtQOWHkro