Besslers prime mover and its enabler.

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Daniel.R
Dabbler
Dabbler

Re: Besslers prime mover and its enabler.

Post by Daniel.R »

This might be a bit off-topic, but I found it interesting. I enjoy watching Adam Savage's Tested YouTube channel and stumbled upon this video a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdEdYfxMx-0

They discuss perpetual motion, and Adam tries to figure out a "perpetual motion" machine. They even mention Bessler's wheel. Although unlikely, I like to think that the three boxes positioned at 120 degrees are a nod to Bessler's Apologia wheel.

/Daniel
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

Hi Robinhood / Shadow, it looks like 14 is not the best after all. When you zoom in on a 2 metre diameter wheel 10 is much better in fact I'm not even sure I could use 14 successfully.

Graham
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

I'm not too sure what you mean by "When you zoom in on a 2 metre diameter wheel 10 is much better in fact I'm not even sure I could use 14 successfully."

If there is something about 14 that makes things too complicated, or not possible, then it is obvious that 10 is better than 14, if 10 allows you to do the things 14 doesn't.
My only argument in favour of 14, is that it is the grid size that makes the smallest grid divisions, which increases precision when selecting locations to place objects, or delimit perimeters of objects.
In my opinion, precision is more important than the precise dimensions of the wheel, or the objects in the wheel. I am more than happy to have a wheel of 2.004 if it allows me to place objects with less distance between grid intersections.

As i said before, i am OK with 10, if we collectively prefer it.
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

If you just make a 2 metre diameter wheel then set to 14 and enable the grid then zoom as far as you can. Then switch to 10 and see the difference. It would be very difficult for me to use 14 so can we all agree on 10?

Graham
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

I really don't see why you would do that Roxaway.
Have you tried, enable the grid at 14, enable "snap to grid" and then make a 2 meter wheel.
You can then zoom in and out until your heart's content and everything is hunky dory.

I think you will need to explain exactly what the problems you are encountering are, because i don't have any problems, and it's more accurate.
The only thing i can think of is that you don't have the grid enabled all the time, and i do.
Is there the possibility that the size of our screen could have an effect on the presentation of grid size? I don't think so but i don't know.

With the grid enabled i can draw a circle of any diameter i wish, within reason, because we can drag the mousse off on a tangent and select grid intersections wherever we like. Maybe you focalise too much on the programme telling you the diameter, which is not always 100% accurate?
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

When I zoom right in I see 14 blocks from axle to rim. How many do you see? With 10 there is 100.

Graham
Last edited by Roxaway59 on Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Roxaway59 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 3:59 pm How many do you see?
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

OK, we are making some progress.
I have just reduced the size of the window, if that's what it's called, Algodoo, so as to not have it full screen, and i now have the same problem, there are effectively only 14 grids.
I wasn't expecting that, even if it did cross my mind.
Have you tried with different presentations, between full screen and reduced?
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

Yes I've tried a few things but its always behaved like that. The thing is 10 gives us plenty of scope for making things and the blocks are in cm so if we need to build a lot of off the shelf products are in cm's. It just seems logical.

Graham
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

I think it is clear that 14 is more accurate for me, and maybe Shadow too, but 10 is far more accurate for you.
So we don't have much choice, but to adopt 10, it being the most accurate grid size for all of us.
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

I've just tried changing screen resolution but there was no change so I think 10 is the best compromise because I wont be able to do anything with 14.

Graham
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

I can fully understand why 14 isn't good for you Roxaway, but i haven't got a clue why we have this difference.
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

Its just technology its a pain in the arse.

Graham
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

The closest mine can get is 12 which gives just a little more detail but I suggest we settle on 10.

Graham
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Roxaway59 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:14 pm Its just technology its a pain in the arse.
I'm already convinced.
Roxaway59 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:19 pm The closest mine can get is 12 which gives just a little more detail
Does it not give you 44% more precision?