Moderator: scott

Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

re: mercury contamination - to ken

Post by Wheeler »

Ken
I didn't say it clear.

I was wondering how they can test for Hg in fish?
Why couldn't we have a litmus test or something we could keep in the kitchen cabinet?
Maybe some simple test device you can carry in your wallet, or even better two electrodes that attach to your hand held calculator or cell phone.

If they can test Hg in the lab, we can test it too. anywhere anytime.
I realize it may be a bit awkward, but we are Bessloanians anyway, so we already have what it takes to stick with it under pressure.
JB Wheeler
it exists I think I found it.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

When I first discovered that I might have mercury poisoning, I called several local pharmacies in an effort to see if they had a home test kit to detect the problem. Unfortunately, such a home kit does not now exist. Once can not reliably test for mercury in blood, urine, or saliva because the amounts present in these body fluids can vary widely during the day. One needs to use actual bodily tissue that has slowly absorbed the metal over time.

Hair is the best place to test for the mercury. As a hair grows, it absorbs mercury from the blood capillaries supplying its root. The higher the average daily concentrations of mercury in the blood, the more mercury that will be deposited in the hair. That mercury is then coated with a tough layer of protein during the process of keratinization that takes place in the follicle before the hair emerges out of the follicle. The mercury in the hair can not be removed by washing or shampooing the hair. It can only be liberated when the protein structure of the hair is broken down in a solution of nitric acid.

I am thinking of a warning label on all seafood that would indicate to the consumer the approximate number of micrograms of mercury in that seafood. Thus, a 6 oz. can of albacore tuna would be rated as containing 60 micrograms of mercury and the consumer would know that he was not to eat more than that amount of albacore tuna in any one week. If he ate several meals of different fish during a week and then added up the total amount of mercury he had consumed and found it exceeded 60 micrograms, he could then compensate for this overdose by skipping all fish in the coming week. The idea would be to give consumers enough accurate information so that they would always be consuming less than the maximum safe weekly intake of 60 micrograms.

Of course, there would be ongoing testing of all seafood to determine what its current toxic mercury load was and this would then be used to update the warning label it carried if necessary.

To me, this seems like a logical solution to the problem. Hopefully, the day would come when, because of effective pollution control, such labeling would not be necessary because all seafood would, once again, be free of this toxin.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
AgingYoung
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by AgingYoung »

Ken,

The amalgam they use in tooth fillings has a mercury content also. I've heard that the way they mine for silver in south america is to make an amalgam and they let the mercury run off into the water. They've mined a lot of silver that way.

My wife and I eat a lot of seafood. She does complain that she has no energy. I'm going to take your advice and have her hair checked. I have more energy than I know what to do with. :)

Gene
Working Model 2DImage
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Gene,

I have been monitoring this topic but do not offer input as it is not about wheels, that is until now. It still is not about wheels but feel obligated to bring your following quote to your attention.
I've heard that the way they mine for silver in south america is to make an amalgam and they let the mercury run off into the water. They've mined a lot of silver that way.
Mercury is used to dissolve Gold, Silver, Tin ETC. After the two are as one is it called an amalgam or alloy of two diverse elements. The process of combining is called amalgamating, or to form into an integrated whole.

The process for separating the metals is by Retort. The alloy is heated to a temperature that evaporates or boils the mercury away, where as the vapors are induced into a cooling coil not unlike a corn liquor still and recovered for re-use. The gold and silver having a higher melting point will remain behind.

One simple method used by old time prospectors was to cut a large potato in half and hollow both halves. They would then put their amalgam in these hollows and then place the halves back together and wrap in tinfoil. Then throw it into the camp fire. Stand up wind and let it bake.

Remove potato and unwrap, split the halves and there is your gold. Now mash the potato up in your gold pan and pan it out. You now have a good portion of your mercury back to repeat the process.

My point is if they let the mercury run off into the water it will carry the silver with it.

Ralph
turulato
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by turulato »

Ken:

Just a quick question, are you familiar with this machine that is suposed to detoxify at the cellular level?

http://www.aquachi.info/

It should be easy to build one, the principles are very simple, one cathode and one anode, the cathode (-) copper, the anode (+) steel (that's what makes the water turn brown, the iron disolves) and a pulsating electrical wave accross the two electrodes.

What say you?

Turulato
Inventors, Masters of Creative and independent thought
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Ralph...

Amalgams containing mercury are not true alloys like, say, brass or chrome steel. In amalgams, the liquid mercury forms a thin coating on the microscopic grains of silver or another metal. This thin film of mercury allows the grains to come into direct contact on the atomic level without the formation of an oxide coating on the grains. Then, under pressure, the metal grains will stick together. Over time, the mercury in the amalgam will evaporate out, especially if the amalgam is exposed to mechanical pressure or heat.

Dental amalgams, despite what the ADA says, ARE a problem and do release small amounts of mercury into the body over time. These kinds of fillings have already been banned in Europe!

However, from my study of them, I do not think that they are a major hazard to the average person just so long as he does not have too many of them and, when they were compounded, the minimum amount of mercury was used in them. Some individuals are highly sensitive to mercury in their bodies and can have a severe reaction is only one amalgam filling is placed in their mouth. Others can have a dozen or more such fillings and not seem to be bothered by them. I do have some amalgam fillings in my mouth, but I got them decades ago and any excess "loose" mercury in them has leeched out long ago. Of course, if I went in for another filling nowadays, I would insist on the UV cured ceramic fillings sometimes called "cosmetic or bonded fillings". These contain no mercury and are completely non-toxic.

turulato...

Thanks for the link to the electrical gadget to extract toxins from the body. My problem, however, is not that I have mercury in my body fluids, but, rather, inside the cells of my body where it can interfere with the mitochondrial processes that power the cells.

When one is sleeping or resting, the mitochondria play a role in storing sugar as a chemical called "glycogen" in the cells and in increasing the supply of high energy ATP molecules to power the cell's machinery. With impaired mitochondria due to heavy metal poisoning, glycogen stores are low and so is the concentration of ATP molecules.

As soon as one begins to perform work, muscle cells can become quickly depleted of their lower than normal stores of glycogen and are unable to maintain optimal levels of ATP. One can feel suddenly exhausted and in need of a nap. If one tries to force oneself to function despite this fatigue, then the symptoms can rapidly progress to dizziness and lightheadedness. If one continues to push, then breathing becomes labored and one could faint. Because of this, I have to be careful how much physical effort I expend and stop immediately if I feel myself starting to sink. In an emergency, laying down and drinking a glass of orange juice can help.

However, I am comforted by the knowledge that I am on the path to a full recovery and, hopefully, sometime early next year will finally achieve it.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Ken,

I do not know if this is relevant or not, I have a Sister-inlaw that has to much iron in her system. This is hereditary and has a medical name that escapes me at present.

Each and every month she goes to the hospital and is drained at the rate of one and one half pints per month. I think of the dark age blood letting cure. Any way the drawn blood was discarded as not fit for donating.

I now understand that science has discovered a method for isolating the excess iron in the drawn blood for others to benefit from. I Wonder if mercury may fall within this scenario.

Ralph
Vic Hays
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Vic Hays »

Ralph

While excess iron (hemochromatosis) can be a problem it is not poisonous. A little excess mercury is poisonous and does permanent damage to the nervous system. In that Japanese village where so many were poisoned National Geographic did a story about one of the victims. This young girl looked normal, but scarcely had enough brain cells left to be able to dress herself. The mercury had eaten holes in her brain.

The actual amount of mercury that is toxic is small for some individuals. A number of years ago the US provided aid to some farmers in the form of seeds. These seeds were treated with a mercury compound to keep them from getting moldy. Many of those who ate the seeds instead of planting them had permanent nervous system damage.

A few months after exposure has ceased there will be no detectable mercury in the blood. In fact the remaining mercury is detectable in the brain and central nervous system only. The estimate is that it has a half life of about 20 years in the brain.
Vic Hays

Ambassador MFG LLC
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Vic...

If I get an MRI done of my brain and it looks like Swiss cheese, then I'll know what happened!

Actually, I do not think my case of mercury poisoning was as severe as what happened in Japan. Those people had a level of poisoning that actually qualifies as "acute" rather than "chronic". With acute poisoning, one should begin detoxing with prescription chelation drugs as soon as possible to minimize nervous system damage. With chronic forms of poisoning, the dangerous chelation drugs can be bypassed in favor of a more gentle, dietary approach to detoxing.

One of the things that concerned me was that the remaining mercury in my body might cause damage while it was waiting its turn to be eliminated. To minimize this possibility, I take vitamin E and C everyday and make sure my sulfur and selenium intakes are optimal. I think it is working, because, aside from a lot of fear and depression over my condition, I have not noticed any cognitive problems as a result of my chronic mercury poisoning. My symptoms mainly seemed to involve my energy levels, repiration, and digestion. But, as the months slowly pass, these main symptoms seem to be gradually lessening. I do anticipate a full recovery next year some time.

Aside from my own recovery, I am now making efforts to guarantee that what happened to me will not happen to anybody else in our state. Unfortunately, I have discovered that the state agencies that are supposed to be protecting consumers from this hazard are not, in my opinion, taking it seriously enough. Hopefully, that will change in the coming months...

ken

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Ken,
I don't want to feed any somatization you already may have to deal. When a stuff hapen to us, it's much harder to deal with. I just want to invite you do thank God, since your case is not serious...
In the past, at a thread I don't remember, we was talking about fluorescent lamps switching, do you remind this? You said to be experient in the field. I *thought* that fluorescent lamp ( or neon ) business had caused your troubles. An exploding lamp is quite enough to send Hg vapor poisoning. ( anyhow, still metalic mercury. )
This thread is getting instructive. I never heard about the potato technics to clean amalgam, as said by Rlorty.
It's almost impossible, in the field, to take out the very fine gold of amalgam. People here - I mean wild miners - use to throw away a old mercury that stays ''tired'' and refuse to ''work''. This Hg is, truly, saturated of fine gold.
Best way to should never to use this mercury, but for to take Au out, best way is to atack it with HCl, in laboratory.
Take care you all. M.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

murilo...

Yes, I do thank God that my mercury poisoning is not more severe...but, it was plenty severe enough for me. Any worse and I would probably have wound up having to go to hospital for some "heavy duty" chelation therapy. This therapy can have a bad effect on the body and even cause one's kidney's to temporarily (hopefully) shut down.

As far as extracting gold using mercury is concerned, I do not think the value of any of the gold obtained is worth the health and environmental risks of using mercury for it! Remember, it has been calculated that ONE teaspoon full of mercury is enough to contaminate an entire lake! Imagine the results of dumping gallons of "tired" mercury into the ground or a lake. That's really irresponsible and anybody caught doing should see the inside of a jail cell for a couple years...

I'm surprised that someone has not tried using centrifugation to extract the very fine particles of gold in rocks instead of the mercury. All one would have to do is crush the rock to a fine powder and then mix it with some water and put the mixture into the centrifuge. Give the muddy contents a spin at high speed and the denser gold particles should settle to the bottom where it can later be scooped out.

I'm envisioning a wheel shaped centrifuge with hollow tubular spokes that would be packed with the gold bearing mud. It would be placed into a hole in the ground to provide protection in the event that it experienced some sort of structural failure. Once ready, one could have it spun by a powerful electrical motor for an hour or two. Then, the ends of the spokes could be removed and the gold particles removed. Of course, to make this work, the particles would have to be very finely ground so that they would not "lock up" when CF was applied to them and they compressed.

The fine metallic gold grit recovered would not, however, be pure gold. I used to collect minerals and had several nice gold nugget samples in my collection. Gold nuggets can contain up to about 70% impurities by other metals, usually silver which then have to be removed by another refining process. Still, despite all of this effort, the final pure gold would be worth much more than the effort needed to extract and refine it.

If one wants to have some interesting and possibly lucrative fun, he might try finding a local stream or lake and seeing if he can find some tiny gold nuggets by "panning" for the metal on its banks. This was the earliest method of recovering gold nuggets which are liberated from gold bearing quartz deposits and rounded off by exposure to the abrasive action of sand being rubbed over them by moving water. Just pick up a pan full of sand/mud with some water in it. Move the pan around in a circular motion to stir up its contents and allow CF to force the lighter material to splash over the edges of the pan and out of it and...if your lucky, you'll find some bright yellow specks at the bottom of the pan. Collect enough of it and you can then have it assayed and be paid for it!

ken

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Ken,
there are a lot of centrifuges all around and all them offer their problems, just as all other methods.
Mayor question is how much of the content of gold one will recover, and gravity doesn't allow good and important recovery under #180.
That's why all great miners use Na or K cyanide to react chemically to Au. The cyanide, that is a *really stupid poison*, will contaminate the inviroment, in lagoons, for at least 50 years.
We have in family a patent for a process that gets mechanically up to 95% of natural present gold, smaller that #400. It's a very large and continuous working pan. A wonderful stuff! We are fighting, as Don Quijote de la Mancha, since 1982...
The technical fight we wonn, but not the political one. Very strange story.
regs. M.
turulato
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by turulato »

Ken:

You seem to understand very, very well how it is that the poison is attached to your body inside the cells but you seem to fail to understand how the electrical current works inside the body, if you remember the first page of the website I posted, there were two pictures of blood, before and after, one in clusters the others spread apart. What the devise seems to do is restore the polarity of the cells to its proper charge. Just imagine what would happen if the polarity of the mercury and the cells had the same polarity, they would repel each other so fast that it could speed up your recovery, yet on the other hand if they had different polarities they would stay attached as they are now, however the device seems to introduce a resonating frequency and that might do the trick to separate the molecules and restore the body to its proper health.

No, I have nothing to do with the people that make the device, I just have some experience with other ones, I built one for myself a few years ago and although I do get colds and the ocational flu bug, I never get so sick that it will put me to bed, I do get all the symptoms but never get the fever and headaches like it's normal, depending on the bug, I could feel the effect from just a few hours to a max of 4 days, after that, I'm good. At work I do see people get sick and see their illness linger for weeks.
I built a device similar to this;

http://www.bestzapper.com/

and it works for me, if you want to built your own let me know and I'll post the diagram here or just email it to you, if you are interested that is.

What say you?

Turulato
Inventors, Masters of Creative and independent thought
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

turulato
I for one would look forward to the details posted, because I have someone close who seems to have immune difficulties. Colds linger longer than usual.
JB Wheeler
it exists I think I found it.
turulato
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by turulato »

Ok wheeler, here it is, hope it helps.

Turulato
Attachments
Resonant Circuit Model (1).pdf
As per Dr. Clarks intructions