4 weights lifting one

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Alexioco
Aficionado
Aficionado

4 weights lifting one

Post by Alexioco »

Ok recently I found a way of keeping four weights on the right-hand side of a wheel and just 1 on the left, I have to build it first, my Dad said to me its best not to post its workings, until it’s been tested etc...
It is rather easy to think of, try to think of a way of keeping 4 weights on the right and one weight on the left...
For now, I explain a little of the movement, its as basic as this: 4 weights on the right, once one weight has moved, another weight replaces its position keeping 4 on the right and one on the left, two weights have to move once in order for it to repeat...

Overall it’s got 5 weights, may not be besslers idea, I don’t know, but I have looked and looked for answers that might stop it working, but I have not found any, only tests will reveal though...
I have tested something which is involved in the wheel, and the weight was lifted quite lightly, I really want to post this pic of it but first I must test it, then ill try my best to get footage :)

I’m starting on a test wheel right now so in the meanwhile, think about the little description I put...

PS If there is someone I can really trust I would be happy to go through it with them to see if they can spot faults, also, to help with any improvements
Last edited by Alexioco on Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turulato
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: 4 weights lifting one

Post by turulato »

Alex:

You can trust Ralph, if he sees merit on your idea, he might even help you built one, he has all the tools and expertice to build it and improve it and even more important, he is a truelly stand up man.

Turulato
Just another paper weight builder.
Inventors, Masters of Creative and independent thought
Alexioco
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Alexioco »

Thank you turulato, ill talk to him about it. :)

Well up to now, I’ve made the wheel with an axel, all I have to do it add to things and it should be ready to test, problem is, I’m making it out of cardboard so its hard to add these two things, I’m quite good with cardboard though so I should be able to come up with something...

By the way, what times does Ralph come on?
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Alexioco.
By the way, what times does Ralph come on?
Ralph is around frequently, I can be contacted by simply clicking on the PM or email button at the bottom of this post. I ask that you give me your surname, location and a brief description about your background. I do not communicate with anyone strictly using a pseudonym.

Any thing you write me will be kept confidential.

Ralph
Alexioco
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Alexioco »

Well, i'm not giving my location away for my own safety reasons, did you also want to talk about this wheel?
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Location only need be a general area, not a specific physical address.

As to whether your design is discussed is at your discretion. I am simply noted as one who assists in a confidential environment. I only work with those that do not have the aptitude, dexterity or resources to follow through with an idea.

I have no desire to solicit or charge for my involvement, I look at ideas and if I think they are questionable or viable I do a physical build of a test proto-type. All findings are returned to you.

Ralph
Alexioco
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Alexioco »

Well my wheel has now been drawn and is now on my computer, alot of work gone into it, Yet the design and the movent is so simple and easy to make, i could disscuss this wheel with you on PM to see what you think?
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

i could disscuss this wheel with you on PM to see what you think?
Yup! that you could, but that is up to you. "Build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door" but not unless you let it be known that you have done so.

Ralph
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Cheddleton in UK?

Sorry, I love a mystery :D
Alexioco
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Alexioco »

Ralph: Well, I have sent you a PM...

Lol :P

Anyway, to the people on this topic, I think that if my wheel is the same design as besslers, then it will be more interesting than a design I made myself because, you will be able to see what bessler was talking about, I don’t know much about what he says in his book, anyway got any questions regarding similarites to besslers wheel, or to any clues?
axel
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by axel »

Alexioco,

"Cardboard"

LOL

I'm sensing that you are maybe a high school physics teacher out for some fun by pulling these guys leg.

May I suggest you try styrofoam or balsa wood?

axel
Alexioco
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Alexioco »

Lol ok, yeah, cardboard isn’t the best thing to use, I am pretty good with it though, used it since 3 years of age so... but yeah, I’m going to make a wooden wheel, test it for a week, then post it.

Anyone got any tips for me? I'm new to using wood, it "would" be hard for me the first time :D, what tools do i need for:

1. Cutting out a circle
2. Bending wood so to make a frame around the wheel

Also what is the best thing for an axel?
I also need to use pegs and springs with weights.

Actualy my wheel consists of just 3 things:
1. Springs with weights
2. Pegs
3. Stoppers

So it can't be too hard to make :P
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Alexioco wrote:Anyone got any tips for me? I'm new to using wood, it "would" be hard for me the first time :D, what tools do i need for:

1. Cutting out a circle
2. Bending wood so to make a frame around the wheel
Hi Alexioco .. a jig saw for cutting a circle - I presume you mean bending wood to make a rim [frame] around the wheel - I would suggest thin plywood & if you can't steam it into a curve [inside a jig of some sort] then hot water on one side to make it more pliable & tack it into place as you go.
Also what is the best thing for an axel?
I also need to use pegs and springs with weights.

Actualy my wheel consists of just 3 things:
1. Springs with weights
2. Pegs
3. Stoppers

So it can't be too hard to make :P
A steel rod is fine for an axle running thru bushes - I actually use bicycle wheels as the frame because I like the low friction bearings they offer but attaching a wooden frame interior is a bit of a headache - pegs can be wooden, many hardware stores have various types of springs & I use large lead sinkers for weights [spheres] & 'v grooved' steel or brass trolley wheels for heavier weights that may need to run within or on a guide of some sorts.

I think you'll find it takes longer than you imagine to get the necessary precision in your construction that you might want, but practice makes perfect :7)

Hopefully your dad has a drill press, a bench grinder & various home handyman tools that you can comandeer for the job - you might want to ask him for some pointers on using them safetly if you have to use anything else but hand tools - best of luck !
Alexioco
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Alexioco »

Thanks Fletcher, that was a real help :) Ill do that, ill use balsa wood I think, will that also make a rim? Will that bend nicely?
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Use heavy cardboard (poster board) for the rim. When bent into a curve it is quite strong. You can use multiple overlapped layers glued together for strength. Balsa wood is good for small wheels but is not strong enough for big wheels. Fiberboard (wood paneling sheets from a building supply store or lumber yard) makes a good light-weight material for larger wheels. A 1/4 inch steel rod make a good axle for a smaller wheel. Roller blade bearings will fit a 1/4 inch rod, or you can get very high quality bearings from McMaster.com Their bearing number 6383K213 is $2.79 plus shipping and part number 60355K13 is $4.50 or a double sealed bearing 60355K33 for $4.98 each plus shipping. They ship anywhere in the world and have no minimum order. Double sealed bearings have a little more friction because the rubber seal rubs. I usually use double shielded bearings because they don't have any drag but the shield keeps most of the dirt and sawdust out.