Sailing against the wind ...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

greendoor
Devotee
Devotee

Sailing against the wind ...

Post by greendoor »

If a yacht can sail against the wind, then why can't gravity power a wheel ? They are both examples of using a force in one direction to obtain motion in the exact opposite direction ... I think there is something to be learned here ...

For a start - a yacht can't sail against the wind. At best, they can sail at 45 degrees from the wind. But by an alternating process of tacking, they achieve the force vector they require.

The reason they can move against the wind at all is due to LIFT. They are basically pulled forward by a vacuum, created by the SHAPE of the sail.

The actual principle of a sail or aeroplane wing hydrofoil is not understood by most people. The standard explanation is patently false: "the airflow over the curved top is faster than on the flat bottom - therefore there is greater pressure under the wing, and lower pressure above the wing".

IF this were true, then an aeroplane wing would work backwards. And flat wings would never fly. Both are known to be false. The fluid dynamics of hydrofoils are highly complex, and involve vortex flow. SHAPE is very important.

Anyhow - it seems to me that we need the gravity equivalent of a hydrofoil. The scientists told the Wright Brothers that they would never fly. The analogy to gravity wheel research is very apparant.

That means to me that IF we are to extract a useful lift from gravity - we possibly need to look very closely at SHAPE - some form of gravity hydofoil ...

We probably also need to realise we aren't going to get a simple vertical lift - we are probably going to have to alternate between two force vectors that add up to a vertical lift ...

This suggest to me that we are looking for some horizontal force component out of gravity fall that can be directed back up at no more than 45 degrees one way, and then again the opposite way ...

The person who saw into Besslers wheel said it involved curved shapes, and a carpenter boy could build one ...
Anything not related to elephants is irrelephant.
greendoor
Devotee
Devotee

re: Sailing against the wind ...

Post by greendoor »

Aerofoil for converting horizontal motion in air into vertical lift ...
Hydrofoil for converting horizontal motion in water into vertical lift ...
Gravitofoil for converting horizontal motion of mass into vertical lift?

Note that the SHAPE is very important: Soft leading edge, followed by sharp trailing edge ...

There are some who believe in SHAPE power - e.g. surrounding pyramids ...

The HARD/SOFT aspect that remote viewers of Bessler comment on - is that possibly related to SHAPE of the mass path?
Mak#1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Mak#1 »

Hi Greendoor; I am very curious as to who saw into Besslers wheel and said it involved curved shapes, can you tell me who that was?
mak
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Excuse me jumping in here, but professor Christian Wolf described a 'warped board' as being visible through a slit in the wheel's covering. It depends on what German word was translated as 'warped'. Its difficult to know exactly what Wolf saw - and whether it was relevant i.e. was it a false trail left by Bessler.

JC
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Shape for gravity Greendoor? Are you serious?
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Michael,
Shape for gravity Greendoor? Are you serious?
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2430

Shaped for gravity!
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

I did try to build one on WM2D with little success.....I am not very good with the polygon function because I just avoid it most of the time. I had no success in coming up with what the video showed, of course I'm not sure what that path was.....I was just shooting in the dark. I do find it really interesting.
Finding the right solution...is usually a function of asking the right questions. -A. Einstein
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Nice try Ralph...
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
MrTim
Aficionado
Aficionado
Location: "Excellent!" Besslerwheel.com's C. Montgomery Burns

Post by MrTim »

Sailing against the wind:

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211_fall200 ... basic.html

(Notice the keel's function....)
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

Here's another really good resource/explanation I bookmarked long ago http://www.physclips.unsw.edu.au/jw/sailing.html
greendoor
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: Sailing against the wind ...

Post by greendoor »

Michael wrote:Shape for gravity Greendoor? Are you serious?
Sort of.

I admit i'm throwing ideas into the wind here. There is something very basic that we are missing - and it's probably right in front of our noses.

The shape of an aerofoil is what made "impossible" heavier-than-air-flight possible. Not the distance of the curve (otherwise they should work backwards, and they don't).

There are some theories about the geometry of objects having observable effects in the aether field. Obviously not mainstream science - but mainstream science does acknowledge certain effects such as the Casimir effect and the Aspden effect that fuels the argument for an aether. Michelson Morley certainly didn't disprove the existance of aether (although wrongly supposed that they did). They disproved a stationary aether through which the earth moved. What they didn't disprove is a fluid aether, out of which the earth is created, which revolves at exactly the same speed as the earth ... google Aspden effect for more.

So yes - I think gravity, being an aether flow, can have shape, and can be affected by the shape of mass objects.

Bessler, and modern individuals who state they have found the secret to anomolous lift, do indicate it's a suprising and paranormal effect ... our universe is very strange, and until we understand it, it may appear to be majick.
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Although you can't make a shape which uses an aerofoil type of shape for converting gravitational force into rotation, because it cannot change shape at the opportune moment, you can make a mechanism which adjusts its shape according to which point in a single rotation it is at.

Savonius windmills do just that. The curve of each blade presents an altering curve to the face of the wind as it turns, eventually changing from concave to convex as it rotates. In a gravity wheel you would have to find a way of moving the weights in response to where they are during a single rotation. Further out on the down side and further in on the up side. Sound familiar?

JC
greendoor
Devotee
Devotee

Post by greendoor »

John - thank you for all your work here in bring Bessler back to public attention.

The Savonius rotor has been a favorite of mine for many years - very underated. I'm guessing your Avitar image is more than a little inspired by the Savonius rotor?

In the simplest form - a curved ramp actually uses shape to convert horizontal motion into vertical lift.
Richard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Richard »

Can a winged pendulum fly?

...in a near vertical dive from 12 to 6 can a winged pendulum get enough lift to carry it back to twelve...?

..if not....then I look to geese flying in formation...I.e.

could multiple winged pendulums...through air vortices (handed back) conserve energy in the following pendulums that could carry the process to 12?

richard
where man meets science and god meets man never the twain shall meet...till god and man and science sit at gods great judgement seat..a tribute to Bessler....kipling I think