United States Patent Application 20080011552

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

There is no way it will work. What stops the weights bunching up at 4 o'clock and grinding the thing to a halt?!
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

The patent shows a mechanism that spreads the weights apart and brings them closer together.
(That doesn't mean it will work)

ectropy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: United States Patent Application 20080011552

Post by ectropy »

This design could never work. Built a similar one myself but without the glaring inherent faults. No mechanical advantage is obtained. The weights in a vertical plain through the fulcrum (in this position) serve no purpose other than adding friction. The weights moving horizontally are out of the picture in that they are "resting" on the guide track ie; not assisting in the rotation of the wheel. Rather, they are retarding the rotation. Now, having rendered these weights as redundant (in this scenario), is there a mechanical advantage? No. There is a mechanical disadvantage. Do the maths. My first machine was of a similar design and the most important thing I learned from the design was that the weights COULD/SHOULD not be controlled by a fixed object (in his case the track) which is itself not rotating about the main shaft axis. This design is going nowhere fast. Thought a working model was required prior to a Patent being applied for in the States. If I can be of any advice to OU boffins, stear away from sliding weights. There are other methods. Will have my 21st prototype ready in +/- 1 month. No levers, no springs, no cams. Yes I am afraid the Bug has bitten.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

ectropy

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

You said; Yes I am afraid the Bug has bitten.

When that happens the venom goes straight to the brain. LOL
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
ectropy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ectropy »

Thanks for the welcome.

Venom??? Well maybe.. Must be of a different kind. Pretty good stuff. Very beneficial.

Without Vision there is no Dream.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

ectropy wrote:Thought a working model was required prior to a Patent being applied for in the States.
Welcome Ectropy, you have chosen an interesting forum name.

One must first apply for a US patent. Then the PTO "may" ask for a model when the invention involves perpetual motion. This is because patents must be "useful" and the inventor must swear that everything in the application is "true". If a perpetual motion invention does not work as the inventor says then the invention is not "useful" and the information in the application is not "true". Since the PTO assumes that perpetual motion is impossible and since sometimes inventions do what at first seems impossible, the examiners will ask for a working model as proof that a perpetual motion machine works as stated in the application. If the inventor cannot prove that it works as stated then the PTO will assume that it doesn't work. The PTO will then reject it on the grounds of "unworkability" and will not issue a patent.

ectropy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ectropy »

Hi Jim, Why Ectropy? This is the gist of my designs. Have read your posts re; Ectropy and yes, very informative. Did not know of the Bessler Wheel until yesterday. There is so much I would like to impart (including failures) but it will have to wait for the future. It has been an amazing trip. What amazes me is that the design (the patent application) received any note at all. It is so glaringly obvious (without any math), that it would not even revolve one degree unless pushed (and pushed hard). Regards.
Malakhi
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by Malakhi »

I am new here, and have an interest in this type of science. I am just throwing out some idea's.

What if this employed the use of a magnet to help it turn? Like when the magnet has reverse polarity and it pushes away from it. At the bottom have the reverse magnet mounted, and at the top have the normal magnet mounted.

Also, if the first wheel had different sized weights on one side, and a second wheel was added with the weights put the opposite? The arm of wheel would have to allow the weight to slide down into it's center. This may be the same theory equal weight up, equal weight down.

I keep thinking, there must be something you can put on the shaft on the inside (where it connects to the structure, the shaft thats inside the building) to help it turn.

It was mentioned when the weight is extended on the horizontal plane it doesn't help, wouldn't gravity help in the downswing of this, but not the upswing?

Would either of these work?
hansvonlieven
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: re: United States Patent Application 20080011552

Post by hansvonlieven »

ectropy wrote:
Thought a working model was required prior to a Patent being applied for in the States.
G'day ectropy and all,

This is a moot point. The USPTO can, if it so wishes, demand a working model. In practice they hardly ever do. There are a myriad of unworkable and outright idiotic patents given out all the time. You wonder if they are only interested in the fees.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done . Groucho Marx