Page numbering variations

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

John Collins
Addict
Addict

Page numbering variations

Post by John Collins »

A problem with page references has been brought to my attention and I thought I'd make it known here to try to lessen confusion

When I first produced AP I had to order at least 50 at a time, here in the UK. It was expensive and required an upfront cost and if I ran out of books it took a month to replace the 50. Then I was told about lulu.com who can produce any number of books from one upwards, to order. Their cost was not significantly less but the convenience of placing individual orders once payment had been received was a vast improvement, plus turn-around has been quicker and they take all the hassle out of shipping etc.

But - you knew there would be a 'but' - in the UK the sizes of paper used for printing differs slightly from that in the USA with the consequence that the page numbering runs out in comparison with UK page numbers, quite quickly. Add to that the fact that Lulu now print 'locally' in many different countries, some with slightly differing paper sizes and you can see that quoting page numbers may prove meaningless in the end. I cannot see away around this problem unless I order in the 100s and there isn't the demand for those quantities.

So when you quote from one of my books and give a page number as a reference it may not match some else's copy. I don't know how or if the various copies printed in the US vary - they should'nt - but I suspect they could vary from one order to another.

I just thought I'd let you guys know, if you don't already.

JC
4PLAY
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: Page numbering variations

Post by 4PLAY »

If perhaps you could reduce the amount of text on each page in your original copy, so that it will print okay on the smallest size paper, would this not fix the page numbering problem? It would mean that the larger paper sizes would have more blank space around the text, but at least all the page numbers would be the same. I can’t believe that in this day and age, when everything is possible (except for the reconstruction of Bessler’s Wheel), that there isn’t a simple solution to this problem.
"so simple and easy to understand that a 'carpenter's boy' could build one" - Karl, the Landgrave of Hesse-Cassel