www.gravitywheel.com has been updated

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

justsomeone
Addict
Addict

re: www.gravitywheel.com has been updated

Post by justsomeone »

John said:

"None of it justsomeone. It is just the historical facts. Thirteen years have passed since I wrote my first biography of Bessler and I have learned a lot more about him in the intervening years. I also need to rewrite it in a more readable style. "

This book I would love to buy!
turulato
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by turulato »

Congratulations Mr. Collins;
I believe you found it, the only thing missing is the catch and release mechanism associated with the driver. Something similar to MT 29 (G) or 30 (M). I believe you know this already.

Great show you old chap!

Thank you for posting and God bless you and your family.

Victor
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

turulato wrote:Posted: 23rd July 2010, 5:58 am
Congratulations Mr. Collins;
I believe you found it, the only thing missing is the catch and release mechanism associated with the driver. Something similar to MT 29 (G) or 30 (M). I believe you know this already.

Great show you old chap!

Thank you for posting and God bless you and your family.

Victor
Good constructive post, Victor. I'll have to punch your greenie.

I haven't followed the various arguments on this thread but I can certainly conform the vital importance of catches, or locks/escapement pins as I like to call them. I think it was Overconfident on the now defunct Steorn forum who first drew my attention to their significance.

Locking a mechanism enables energy to be transferred from one environment where it may be ambient to another where there may be a positive or negative differential. Unlocking it allows this energy to be released. Because the stiffness of the lock/pin tends to infinity no the transfer of the energy from one environment to the other does not involve any loss of energy.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
dradford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dradford »

So no working wheel then. No solution. Yet another damp squib.
triplock

Post by triplock »

We all have 'em :-(

3 today for me, and counting....

Chris
rocky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rocky »

I found this while rereading DT for clues:

“It often happens that new and useful inventions are at first subject to scurrilous judgements, and just this occurred in the
case of the Orffyreus P.M., before it was seen at Draschirity and Merseburg in an enlarged and imposed form.� DT pg 233

The town name of “Draschirity� is not found anywhere in the Forum on a search, nor found in John Collin’s PM book.

Is this a misprint?

Should the spelling be Drashwitz?

-Rocky
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

It's my mistake guys. I just checked the original and it says in German Draschwitz and in Latin, Draschwitzii. In the German version the name is split between the end of the line and the beginning of the next. I think I must have been suffering eyestrain by then and mistyped it. I apologise for the error and will correct future vesions. The fraktur font is highly conducive to headaches!

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
Andyb
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Andyb »

Hi John, lovely mechanism, I understand your passion in adjusting the mechanism and getting different results, I love doing that too, but if it doesn't work throw it in the pile with the others. To date I have built 272 completed prototypes. Some have been very close to yours and there's no way your design would move more than 8 to 10 degrees, there's simply not enough movement, but do not get depressed John, due to your book and your dedication some one will work it out and it will be thanks to you that this happens. Well done for sharing your work, you're a better man than me, I will ring you when I get it!.Andy the joe cell researcher.
Only by making mistakes can you truly learn
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

Hey Andy

The Joe Cell is a crock, in one of his videos there is a propellant in a balloon that is supposed to contain his magical hydrogen formula. It is interesting to look into, but you aren't going to find anything there except fraud.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Hi John .. I read over your gravitywheel.com site this morning in some relative peace & quiet - I can't really add much comment over & above what others have already said so far - thanks for posting it up.

My initial thoughts are these - I don't think I have been convinced that gravity is not a conservative force in this situation.

To me it appears a 'trading height for width' dilemma that we have all encountered - 5 mechs may well be the ideal number as you've postulated BUT the principle should be demonstrable with JUST ONE MECH - if there were any energy gain to be had & seen then a single mech should swing all the way back to just after 3 o'cl [where it started from] with residual velocity as proof of energy gain - if it can't do that with one mech then more than one will not add any new insight or information.

If you were to start a one mech wheel from stationary just after 3 o'cl [as you've suggested] so that deployment of the weight sets happens then it occurs to me that leverage rules would apply i.e. one weight falls & another lifts [changing radii] according to their mass relationship & leverage - this will change the average CoG at this point to a lower Pe in a static model - get it moving i.e. studying the dynamic model, & Cf's come into play which definitely does effect the average CoG position & Pe shifting it to a greater radius etc.

I agree with your proposal that a change in CoG radius is required to harness overbalance torque & that is caused by Cf's moving the weight sets in tandem with leverage IINM - trouble is you then have to lift the wheel CoG to a closer radius after 6 o'cl as you've said - this is working against Cf's - as you know & has been said, any change in average CoG radius will slow the wheel when moving out & increase wheel speed after moving inwards to a closer radius - over all if that happens twice in one rotation the speed differences [CoAM & angular velocity] will null out, less frictional losses incurred.

Perhaps I have missed something in your description about the importance of the swing & how that brings something to the mix - if so could you please elaborate so that I may better understand how this makes this arrangement not conservative with gravity as the main & only player ?

I would add that many such designs as you have shown & also in MT that show a changing radius would create overbalance & asymmetric torque if there were a way to quickly add energy into the system to lift the weights quickly against Cf's at the appropriate time - this could happen after 6 o'cl as you've shown [the movement then is reciprocating] or at or about 12 o'cl where the movement is the opposite lift direction [more problematic for a reset as both lifts vertically] - that would entail the addition of another force besides gravity into the mix - for any new introduced force to be effective the extra gains have to be greater than the incurred losses or penalties which seems impossible in the newtonian world view.

These are my honest opinions not supported by simulations etc at this time.

P.S. I am in no position to argue against your findings & interpretations of clues & drawings - in fact they seem to tie in nicely with what bessler says in many instances - I would argue that the prime mover is as yet undiscovered that would allow such an arrangement to function as you suggest & which you believe you have found.
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Thanks Fletch, for your view on what I've written. I was looking forward to seeing your own response and you haven't let me down. I respect your opinion and Jim_Mich's too, and I kind of agree with you about trying it with one mechanism. That's what I'm doing now and I do have a different mechanism design to try it with.

Hal Puthoff has written to me to say that he remains unconvinced about my argument on conservative forces too, but is giving my ideas further consideration and getting back to me.

I'm rewriting some of the text to try to clarify it (and also convince myself!) and I am happy to publish it again and take the responses for and against. ;-)

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

You're welcome John - sorry I didn't have a more positive response to give you but I felt it important to put my balloons in the vice & speak up since you'd been so gracious to do the same for us, uncomfortable as it can be - it's called respect !
Andyb
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Andyb »

hi tarsier, i believe the attitude you have is why the bessler wheel was ridiculed and lost in time,may be you should consider doing some of your own research before you make such silly statements,people like you irritate me and remind me never to give you the time of day.All said and done though good luck with your research sir. i hope it is rewarding and fruitful and that your efforts help us all.
Only by making mistakes can you truly learn
triplock

Post by triplock »

hi tarsier, i believe the attitude you have is why the bessler wheel was ridiculed and lost in time,may be you should consider doing some of your own research before you make such silly statements,people like you irritate me and remind me never to give you the time of day
All said and done though good luck with your research sir. i hope it is rewarding and fruitful and that your efforts help us all.
Andyb,

Do you have a split personality by any chance ? LOL

Chris