Balancing inverted pendulums

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

datico
Dabbler
Dabbler

Balancing inverted pendulums

Post by datico »

Fascinating video of a robot able to balance an inverted pendulum, starting from a hanging position.
http://hackaday.com/2010/11/27/balancin ... pendulums/

The part I love is how the robot puts additional energy into the pendulum to get it started, but then needs very little energy afterwards to keep it swinging, and of course even less to keep it balanced. Seems like some clue or principle is hiding in this demonstration.
"I saw wheels on the ground....like a wheel intersecting a wheel. The wheels did not turn about as the creatures went....because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels." - Ezekiel 1:15-20
Bill_Mothershead
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Balancing inverted pendulums

Post by Bill_Mothershead »

Bill_Mothershead
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Bill_Mothershead »

This one is fairly good too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwJ2jzVe ... re=related

As to what these have to do with a Bessler wheel, and why this
thread is not over in "off topic"...I don't know.
pequaide
Devotee
Devotee

Post by pequaide »

I think these experiments are absolutely on topic. How did Bessler transfer the motion (momentum) of the wheel to the pendulums? This of course assumes that he used pendulums, but wasn’t he a clockmaker.

These experiments prove that a right or left motion can amplify the motion of a pendulum. By releasing and locking pendulums at the correct time the internal pendulums in Bessler’s wheel may have been placed at higher energy levels.

If the wheel could transfer a portion of its momentum to a pendulum bob there would be a large energy increase. And then the overbalance of the locked bob at a higher energy state is used as an Atwood’s to more than return the lost momentum.
Thomas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Thomas »

This is absolutely amazing. Although this may or may not have anything to do with Bessler’s wheel, this technology looks like it would be very promising in regards to providing two legged robots with human like motion and balance. It’s undoubtedly already being worked on.
"I have done so much, for so long, with so little... I can do anything with nothing." -USNMCB-4
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Balancing inverted pendulums

Post by Grimer »

pequaide wrote:I think these experiments are absolutely on topic. ...
I agree.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....is simply the human body dynamics "prime line" (abstracts) , at :
http://forcesinyoga.com/PosturalSway/Te ... rol.html#2

We can see it as a compound (variable arm ) physical (inverted ) pendulum (on ground ) or as an interlaced (variable ) leverage system ( in water ).

This is why we can play a multitude of "dances with gravity"...and inertia.

Al_ex
Simplicity is the first step to knowledge.
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Great thread!
Thank you, guys!