Algadoo advice please

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

justabil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Algadoo advice please

Post by justabil »

I have been using Algadoo for a few years, and can usually identify why my wheel is spinning when it shouldnt be (eg. two a surface colliding with a hinge, etc).

Now I am trying out a design I am really excited about, and the thing has been spinning for two hours. I stop it (manually) and it sits until I give it a push.

Can anyone tell me where to look to test if this is an Algadoo flaw?

Thanks in advance.
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

re: Algadoo advice please

Post by Tarsier79 »

To test if it is a flaw, a real world build is probably the most accurate method.
justabil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by justabil »

Here is a better question:

I use Algadoo because it is so easy to learn and cheap. Is there a more reliable application that fairly easy to use and not very expensive?

Thanks.
justabil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by justabil »

Thanks Tarsier. I have ZERO mechanical skills. Attempts I have made in the garage have been wobbly embarrassments.

The design I am testing is REALLY simple. Do you use an simulation software? Can you recommend one that is easy? I tried one that a lot of people here use (forget the name) and it was way to complicated.
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

WM2D. It is the best I have found, and easy once you get used to it. It still has its issues though. It is probably the same program reccomended last time.

Good luck.
erick
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by erick »

Hi Justabill.

When building isn't an option I find that it's best to try and recreate the design in whichever program you're using. It's the quickest way to see if your "runner" is for real or the result of a flaw in your software. I myself have had several alleged "runners" that turned out to be duds. They weren't reproducible.

In terms of an easy to use simulation software I too would recommend WM2D. Once you learn the basics it's a breeze to use. I can model out 3 or 4 ideas just during my lunch break. Sure some people like to play solitaire during lunch, I try to design a self turning wheel. It's like the ultimate rubix cube!

But I digress... It's been very educational. There's simply no other way to test out so many ideas so easily.

E
jimmyjj
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by jimmyjj »

You could try autodesk inventor if your up for a bit more work it has a motion simulation feature that IMO is on par with wm2d and is in 3d.
justabil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by justabil »

Thanks for the tip. I will take a look at it.