Gravity Wheel

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Georg Künstler
Devotee
Devotee

re: Gravity Wheel

Post by Georg Künstler »

the path of the pendulum weight is correct as dradford has shown it in his animation.

I stated it before, the path of the Pendulums weights is depending on the Speed of the turning disk.

the form of the swinging path will change from
1. low Speed --> circle --> Calloway's version
2. middle Speed --> egging because we have the influence of gravity
3. high Speed --> again the circle --> centrifugal force

When we turn the disk with a low Speed, as shown in the Animation, we produce a back torque which is equal to the force we shift the sliders.

The Impact/collision will result in a Swinging of the pendulum weights.

All in all a Zero game in my opinion, it will run until the invested start energy is used up.

You start the device by shifting a slider, your start energy.
you can also start it by pulling a pendulum weight and let it go.
If you do it that way, then you can detect the back torque.
Best regards

Georg
dradford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dradford »

eccentrically1 wrote:The force transmitted through a rod that might hurt your hand is a vibration that is damped in a cord. The gravitational pull on a cord is the same as it would be on a rod. So the pivot would experience the same force in either case.
Calloway's design rests on the pendulums lifting themselves (inward against centrifugal force, not gravity since they are balanced by the opposite pendulums) in the 6-9 quadrant. Dradford's animation is not an accurate picture, imo.
If you look at my diagram of a pendulum hitting a wall, at the bottom of page 11, do you agree that with a cord holding the pendulum, no force perpendicular to the cord can be transmitted to (or through) the pivot? All forces transmitted along the cord to the pivot must be parallel to the cord, I think. But I could be wrong!
dradford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: re: Gravity Wheel

Post by dradford »

Fletcher wrote:Where's Crazy Dave (the pendulum wiz) when you need him. He's got some nice vids of his experiments on YouTube. Can't remember where to find them now.

His handle here is FunWithGravity2

Found one of them. MrJudgeFreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0gKtWc6Bc&t=38s
That pendulum is too short compared to the ones in my diagram (and presumably in Calloway's design) - the length of the pendulum changes everything - and also it isn't mounted on the edge of the wheel in that video. Obviously with a longer pendulum, mounted on the edge of the wheel, you would see different movement. And it looks like the weight is hanging from a rod, not a cord - there is a big difference between the two...

Perhaps Galloway could show us a video of just the pendulums on the wheel, so we can see what they actually do when the wheel is turned?
Calloway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Calloway »

I wish to say I sincerely respect all opinions! I do not want to come across as offensive. I just offer my advice from years of actual hands on experiences in my shop. Please just take it or leave it as you wish. I still wait for someone to replicate this design. I suppose you must believe it in wholeheartedly to do so. I'm a natural builder so I guess it comes easier for me. Good luck to all! Cheers
I finally started thinking outside of the box, only to find myself in a larger box.
Calloway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Calloway »

Georg Kunstler,

<All in all a Zero game in my opinion, it will run until the invested start energy is used up.>

Please remember this!

<Weights gained force from their own swinging.
- Bessler>

Cheers
I finally started thinking outside of the box, only to find myself in a larger box.
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

I can't see why all the pendulums can't be replaced by a single pendulum hanging from the central axle - a hanging stator arrangement like MT 13.

A simple rod bolted to the pendulum with appropriate bends to bump the sliding weights at the 9 oclock position just as currently done. The upper rod/flipper on MT13 serves the same function.

Would save a tremendous amount of air friction as all 8 of the current pendulums are acting as individual hanging stators.

In addition, all effects from CF would be eliminated as a single central central stator would only be hanging from the axle not flying around.

Why do we need 8 hanging stators when just one would do??

Essentially then we have a variation of MT13 with this design.

The only difference then is MT13 flips the weights where Calloway slides the weights.
Last edited by cloud camper on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dradford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dradford »

The pendulum hanging from the central axle wouldn't have any power in it, they have to be suspended from the edge of a turning wheel. Can you draw a diagram showing what you mean?
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

Calloway wrote:eccentrically1, Turn out? Completely wrong. Oscillate? You need to get a wheel with pendulums and actually see how they act. Don't put anything else on the wheel. Just pendulums. Dradford made a animation that is close enough for folks to get a good idea how the design works. It's certainly not perfect. But maybe it helped some. Cheers
Fletcher's link is all I need. It would have been interesting to see what happened if he had tried two pendulums on it.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

dradford wrote:
Fletcher wrote:Where's Crazy Dave (the pendulum wiz) when you need him. He's got some nice vids of his experiments on YouTube. Can't remember where to find them now.

His handle here is FunWithGravity2

Found one of them. MrJudgeFreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0gKtWc6Bc&t=38s
That pendulum is too short compared to the ones in my diagram (and presumably in Calloway's design) - the length of the pendulum changes everything - and also it isn't mounted on the edge of the wheel in that video. Obviously with a longer pendulum, mounted on the edge of the wheel, you would see different movement. And it looks like the weight is hanging from a rod, not a cord - there is a big difference between the two...

Perhaps Galloway could show us a video of just the pendulums on the wheel, so we can see what they actually do when the wheel is turned?
The outcome would be the same with a longer pendulum mounted on a cord at the edge.
I'd be willing to bet Calloway's pendulums would act the same as this video.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

dradford wrote:
eccentrically1 wrote:The force transmitted through a rod that might hurt your hand is a vibration that is damped in a cord. The gravitational pull on a cord is the same as it would be on a rod. So the pivot would experience the same force in either case.
Calloway's design rests on the pendulums lifting themselves (inward against centrifugal force, not gravity since they are balanced by the opposite pendulums) in the 6-9 quadrant. Dradford's animation is not an accurate picture, imo.
If you look at my diagram of a pendulum hitting a wall, at the bottom of page 11, do you agree that with a cord holding the pendulum, no force perpendicular to the cord can be transmitted to (or through) the pivot? All forces transmitted along the cord to the pivot must be parallel to the cord, I think. But I could be wrong!
The pendulum would have the same forces on it whether hanging from a cord or a rod. When it hits the wall (or a "glove" in Calloway's wheel), the reaction force is transmitted along the angle it hits and the pendulum would bounce off the wall or the glove. The bounce is what is missing in the animation, imo. And that would counter the unbalance of the weight pair.
dradford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dradford »

You didn't answer my question though - what force is transmitted through the cord into the pivot, and thus into the wheel, when the pendulum hits the glove? The pendulum hits the glove at right angles to the cord. How can the cord transmit any reaction from this hit into the pivot? How can a cord create a force at right angles to itself? I don't think it can. A rod could, but a cord can't.
Thus it doesn't matter that there is a small force on the pendulum, horizontally (or approximately horizontally, as we know the pendulum has to hit the sliding weight starting at around 8 o'clock), because that horizontal force cannot be transferred up the cord and into the pivot, and thus cannot affect the motion of the wheel... This is the secret.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

Since the pendulum is attached to the wheel, in effect it becomes a double pendulum, like the pendulum in the video of crazy dave. So the force at the pendulum's pivot is angular, rather than linear as you're thinking. As the pendulum swings in either direction it exerts an angular force on its own pivot, which then is levered through the wheel's radius. Does that answer your question?
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

eccentrically1 wrote:
Calloway wrote:Guys, When the wheel is at rest all pendulums hang straight down. When the wheel begins to turn cw the pendulum weights attached by a cord to the outer diameter of the wheel lag behind on the left side and swing inwards while turning. On the right side centrifugal force pushes them out. The pendulums are not really "swinging ". They "swing" with the wheel inwards on the left side and swing out on the right side. There are 2 different actions taking place to the attached pendulums as the wheel turns. This is where momentum is added to the pendulum weights as the wheel turns. This added momentum is what allows them to easily push the slider pairs. It's like swinging a weight tied to a string over your head with your hand. How David slew Goliath. Centrifugal force adds to the weight of the pendulum weight. (if that makes sense). Cheers

dradford, Yes, the angles are all the same on the pendulums cords as they swing.
If the pendulums are behaving this way, then you wouldn’t need the sliding weight pairs. The pendulums would be in perpetual motion by themselves.
I think that's a fact. The path of the mass/inertia is tangential 2 rotation, or at right angles. I don't know what force
would cause the pendulums to pull in on the left and then fly out on the right. I think that's
a misconception.

Attachments
l0uzq.png
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
dradford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dradford »

WaltzCee:
I don't know what force would cause the pendulums to pull in on the left and then fly out on the right. I think that's a misconception.
Pendulums take time to swing from side to side. In this case, they would take so much time to swing from right to left, when moving from the 3 to 9 positions on the wheel, that the different direction of the force on the pivot means that they all stay at the same angle, throughout the revolution of the wheel on which they are mounted. I don't know if this is what happens, but it's what Galloway is seeing on his wheel.
Calloway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Calloway »

Dradford, Excuse me for a minute while I take some of these fellows to school. Crazy Dave's video is showing how many rotations the pendulum turns the wheel. The pendulum is driving the wheel. What I've been saying is quite the opposite. The wheel is pulling the pendulums. Take a 10" string and tie a weight to it. Hold the string with the weight hanging in front of you and move your hand suddenly to the left. What happened? Your hand with the string moved ahead of the weight. The weight LAGS behind. If you just keeping moving to the left, it still lags. This is what happens on the wheel. The pendulum weight lags because it is being pulled by the wheel. But only on the left side in a cw rotation. This happens at about 7 to 11. At about 12 to 6 the pendulums are smoothly thrown out at a 40 to 50 rpm. So at roughly 12 and 6 a switch has happened. Pulling to being thrown out. There is no perpetual motion here that will power a wheel as they seen in my prior explanation. The 2 simply cancel. One could say the left side of the wheel is pulling while the right side is coasting. But I certainly don't want to confuse the issue here. I'm not here to state something that I think is true. I'm here to explain with hands on experience that it is true. Everything I have explained will be shown to be true eventually. Again take it or leave it. As for me showing a wheel with pendulums, I'm not dissembling my wheel just to show that. Cheers