Gravity Wheel

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Gravity Wheel

Post by Wubbly »

Calloway Wheel Simulation - (XC02 v1.1)

Here's a video of a Calloway wheel with the pendulum rods converted to rectangles.

The rectangles hit the sliding masses.

You can ignore the spring. The spring constant is set to zero and for a non-zero value, it pulls the sliding rectangles away from the pendulums before they can even make contact.

You can see the same delay problems in the sim as in Calloway's video.

Youtube video here: https://youtu.be/xukEmTBBsQ8
Attachments
XC02 v1.1 Simulation.TXT
Calloway Simulation XC02 v1.1 - WM Basic script file to build the model in WM2D.
(42.5 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Calloway pendulum wheel
Calloway pendulum wheel
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Thanks for your efforts Wubbly .. now everyone who is not a sim user perhaps gets to enjoy and maybe appreciate the power if dynamic sims, and the way they visually present information that is easy to understand.

I kinda think of you as the sim equivalent of vproject1, able to knock out impressive sims in a short while, tho your motor is front and center ;7)
Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Wubbly »

..., able to knock out impressive sims in a short while
That's almost funny. I've been working on that one for 3 weeks in my spare time. I took the old Calloway sim code I made 11 months ago and modified it, similar to the way you modify your existing WM2D files instead of starting from scratch. I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that it's still a lot of work.

I used to look at your pictures of WM2D sims and they said nothing to me. An animated GIF conveys much more information, and a video even more.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

They sure do, by orders of magnitude. They remove the need to 'sense' (interpret) the movement from progressive frame by frame stills posted as attachments. Altho screen grabs are sometimes as clear as mud to a sim user you also have to know what to look for in the inputs and outputs. Your annotated vids take all the strain out of it. I bet those watching them will by now be getting a fairly good idea of what you are doing, measuring, turning on and off, and why. I hope so. Coz you're putting the shifts in !
I used to look at your pictures of WM2D sims and they said nothing to me. An animated GIF conveys much more information, and a video even more.
You could have downloaded the sim and watched what it did when run ;7)
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Gravity Wheel

Post by johannesbender »

Wubbly wrote:
..., able to knock out impressive sims in a short while
That's almost funny. I've been working on that one for 3 weeks in my spare time. I took the old Calloway sim code I made 11 months ago and modified it, similar to the way you modify your existing WM2D files instead of starting from scratch. I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that it's still a lot of work.

I remember joining up to bw.com because of discussions that contained great sense and content and said more than when i just look at little cartoons , i tend to just skip them by if they contribute nothing to discussion , i read what people write mostly, because everyone does as much as they can within limitations.
Its all relative.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

People write a lot of nonsense. Always have and always will.
With words it's much easier to fall for common issues like applying a force more than once because it sounds so great.
An animation, or "cartoon", makes it much easier to give literally a complete (or completer) picture of a described situation.
Such "cartoon" usually set ambiguities straight and enables pointing out misinterpretations.

We can now easily see in Wubbly's latest animation that the pendulum is too late in shifting the slider.
We see that most of the slider's weight is not on the side where we intend it to be.
It now so much easier to imagine that a cam/shape may cause that pendulum to act a bit earlier as a way to improve the situation.
How many words would it take to describe a pointer like that without any visual aid?

Wubbly, with all that fact-checking of the simulator you're one step closer creating your own inside a spreadsheet. Nice!
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

I remember joining up to bw.com because of discussions that contained great sense and content and said more than when i just look at little cartoons , i tend to just skip them by if they contribute nothing to discussion , i read what people write mostly, because everyone does as much as they can within limitations.
"just" : - simply; only; no more than.

thank you kindly for your translation efforts .
Its all relative.
Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Wubbly »

Here's a cartoon that contributes absolutely nothing to the discussion, so please skip this one.
Attachments
zblaverfuesseli.jpg
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

you dont seem to grasp the point and however seem to be raising some issue you have with my oppinion.

if that is the case then i simply "skip" you.

but before you continue with your satire response let me clear that up for you again , before i joined bw.com all i could do was stare at google images and animations that people created , but then i found the forum and along came , not only illustrational content , but also discussion on concepts , with for example animations our imagesr aiding to the discussion .

so i did not remark that you placed a "cartoon" irrelavant to the discusion but simply made a comment out of admiration , that it is not one of those that i simply would skip.

but everyone does as much as they can , so i dont agree with you saying Fletcher sims or images said nothing , because people write too you know.

anyway i am not here to defend my oppinion because you take some form of offence with it , thats your problem .

bye bye now take care.
Its all relative.
silent
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by silent »

I just add people to my block list and it's a pleasure scanning through posts and not having to read comments from people you can't stand. Of course out of that certain slice of the population you'll be accused of lowering the bar and sticking your head in the sand, but once they feel justified in having the last say, you can get on with an absolutely enjoyable and peaceful experience of scanning a forum that is now completely devoid of having to read the drivel of those whom you can't stand. The beauty of it all is they can do the same to you so that neither one has to read what the other one has typed. So far, it's done nothing but good things for me. As a side-effect though, I don't post as often and it seems to be what the ultimate goal of those who've been critical of my posts is.

Just my opinions.

silent
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Silent,
I find it a shame to miss out on member's opinions just because you don't like them. For me, liking someone is a bonus and not a neccessity. The compatability of personallities has no place in our search for a solution.
If a nice guy or a complete dick helps us find the answer, it's all the same to me.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

The last few comments illustrate the importance of shades of grey and streaks of color.
Fletcher wrote:
Wubbly wrote:I used to look at your pictures of WM2D sims and they said nothing to me. An animated GIF conveys much more information, and a video even more.
On the other hand...

Some time back I created a simulation based on Fletcher's drawing to see if I understood- and able to recreate- Fletcher's design...
Fletcher had a hard time following it himself.
:7)
https://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/view ... 622#170622
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
Calloway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Calloway »

This a video pushing the slider weights with a half a cross. The other half has been mounted, but not used yet and tied down for testing purposes. One can see that the latency is not correct. I will extend the gloves in a few days to advance the timing and see what happens. Pulling the sliders lacks pendulum travel to the edge of the wheel at 22.5 degrees. https://vimeo.com/455263684

Cheers
I finally started thinking outside of the box, only to find myself in a larger box.
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

Great little build Calloway!
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Gravity Wheel

Post by johannesbender »

Calloway wrote:This a video pushing the slider weights with a half a cross. The other half has been mounted, but not used yet and tied down for testing purposes. One can see that the latency is not correct. I will extend the gloves in a few days to advance the timing and see what happens. Pulling the sliders lacks pendulum travel to the edge of the wheel at 22.5 degrees. https://vimeo.com/455263684

Cheers
Besides the obvious , there is also a noticeable pendulum chaotic action there .
Its all relative.