Bessler Wheel question

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

If you feel they are essential, you must believe they perform a specific function in order for them to be so. What do you think that is?
ruggerodk
Devotee
Devotee

Post by ruggerodk »

- to store N or J from a familiar place near you...;)

ruggero
helloha
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: Bessler Wheel question

Post by helloha »

path_finder wrote:Dear helloha,
There are so many ways to use the springs!
http://www.tinyclutch.com/spring-clutches
One end linked to the axle of the primemover, the second end to a pendulum, per example.
unfortunately, there wasn't many options to use springs in a simulation environment, ... still trying to figure out how to sim a torsion spring ... LOL
rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: Bessler Wheel question

Post by rlortie »

Helloha,

Some time in the past, a WM2D user made a post about using the motor symbol set with low torque running backwards to imitate a spring. As to how you would control the on-off, I leave up to you and any help you can get.

I know nothing about the program other than knowing how to open and run your .zip files. Knowing nothing means I am putting my foot in mouth by even posting this, but it may be of help, or arouse a response from an experienced user.

Ralph
wheelrite
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by wheelrite »

Tarsier79, I believe springs give possibilities in motion/results that may be needed, actions not available with rigid rods/links/levers/cords/chains etc. Springs we know do not produce any excess but they can 'do things' not achievable by other means, ie store/delay, advance/accelerate, pulse/harmonise, etc. I think its the case that most mechs are stable or chaotic but not both, yet a spring pendulum can display both types of motion?
And of course bessler admitted they were used, but not simple wind up spring obviously.
If he says his swinging/falling weights are the motive power, then we need something like springs to give a resulting 'unusual' motion that is eternally off centre.
May have seen these before? http://www.myphysicslab.com/pendulum_cart.html and http://www.myphysicslab.com/spring2d.html the java applets for these are ok to allow.
Regards
Jon
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

Hi Wheelrite,

Those applets are brilliant little programs !

With the graphing capability , it really demonstrates how ‘non chaotic’ a spring/pendulum combination really is over time .

Playing around with this program demonstrates fairly clearly to me that if all the forces involved are known and handled over time mathematically , getting chaotic motion doesn’t appear to be that easily obtained. The graphing seems to show that eventually the movements are symmetrical on a suitable time scale.

I think if I come across what appear to be chaotic results in future I’ll be looking for a force input I havn’t been recognising .

I think I’ll play around with them for a little while longer , then go back to work : )
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
helloha
Devotee
Devotee

Post by helloha »

Ralph wrote:using the motor symbol set with low torque running backwards to imitate a spring.
thks for the info, i'll try it out
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Helloha .. you use a separator [between parts], with spring dampener element, or rotational spring element etc.